Notices

help please - mods i want/places to buy

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2010, 01:14 AM
RE54
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please - mods i want/places to buy

ok, got a list of silly questions, and its getting late, and i thought id ask YOU GUYS your recommended places, rather than the adverts.

(car 54 STi type UK, mods as sig)

car is being prepeared for track day in 3 weeks time, plus got another booked a few weeks later, and a trip to the ring too, so im gearing the car more towards track use, and its my second car so its not heavily used on road. tips/pointers welcome guys. (ps, i dont have a never ending supply of money, so the list below will probably most of my budget for the car for a while from the prices i have seen approx)

i need (or at least want...) (wheres a good place to buy for service/price)

BC coilovers (what else benifits my car, ie bigger ARB, droplinks, bushes, strut brace?) (do the BC's drop the height of the car, or is it just the coil rate and stuff that is adjustable?)

cam belt, first time being changed, advised to change just that, subaru one the best? seems a tad pricey from the prices i have had.

tyre pressures for 18in road tyres, and 17in R888 track tyres?

best fitting 3 x 52mm gauge pod (replace clock) which is a good fitting, or best value for money, seen them range from £30-£150 ( i have everything else i need for gauge fitment)

where can i source a exhaust bung for my H&S, or somewhere that can make me one?
Old 03 October 2010, 01:32 AM
71/200
Scooby Regular

For BC coilovers go speak to Bren or Ann @ Apex, you can find them on here in the group buy section. They will keep you right on those, ARBs can be changed many go for Whiteline jobbys.

Timing belt wise, Gates or Dayco will do just fine, used both myself without issues on many a scoob.

Gauge pods dont have a clue as i dont like any that sit in place of the clock pod

Should be somebody along shortly to help you out with the rest mate.

Last edited by 71/200; 03 October 2010 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03 October 2010, 01:57 AM
RE54
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 71/200
For BC coilovers go speak to Bren or Ann @ Apex, you can find them on here in the group buy section. They will keep you right on those, ARBs can be changed many go for Whiteline jobbys.

Timing belt wise, Gates or Dayco will do just fine, used both myself without issues on many a scoob.

Gauge pods dont have a clue as i dont like any that sit in place of the clock pod

Should be somebody along shortly to help you out with the rest mate.
thanks for those replies, any recommendations as to who to see on the whiteline products, looks like they aint cheap :O
Old 03 October 2010, 02:08 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi matey,i'm not big fan of BC coilovers(just search on SN for "BC knocking" and you will see),if you really want proper track suspension TEIN is this proper one.
About the pod(my car has been tuned and serviced at Slowboy racing near Brands Hatch,where has been fitted by Neil gauge pod and gauges for reasonable money),DEFI pods are best,but ATI pods are pretty good also.
Old 03 October 2010, 10:06 PM
RE54
Scooby Regular

anyone else have pointers please...