Clutch again,totally confused!!

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2010, 09:46 PM
baggy62
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch again,totally confused!!

Hello again,
last week I posted a question regarding my clutch slipping and where to get a replacement ( thanks to all who replied) anyway since the original question I have got some good quotes and was all ready to get it done, but has it slipped since,has it f**k, tried all the traditional methods, ie 3rd gear on a hill and boot it, the lot, but if damp all I get is wheelspin as the turbo kicks in,if dry picks up as normal (albeit the car not liking it much) , some hardish launches,nowt unusual I know from previous threads that in general the clutches are quite high on the pedal anyway so me pressing the clutch pedal slightly does induce the slip,is this right?can I adjust it in someway? or does anyone know of a way to check for slip on a scoob? sorry to sound dim but as far as I knew if a clutch was knackered it stayed that way and generally got worse? If I have to get the clutch replaced so be it however,if I have missed something thats down to me being stupid or paranoid then it's more in the piggybank for a decat and map,
cheers
Baggy
Old 30 September 2010, 10:14 PM
Curtis450
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no you cant adjust them as they are hydraulic. Just stick with it, foot to floor in 5th at about 60 mph. see what happens.