Notices

A 'what exhaust?' thread but not the usual what is loudest...

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2010, 01:05 AM
Mr-Confused
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A 'what exhaust?' thread but not the usual what is loudest...

Hi,

The exhaust on my 2004 WRX Waggon is blowing somewhere near the front of the car. It is going to for an examination to find where in the next couple days.

I am just wondering, it may be time to go for a complete aftermarket exhaust system which I assume is going to be cheaper than a genuine one. However I don't want anything that requires a re-map.

What is simple off the shelf that will bolt on? I like the fact that my car is virtually silent but a little rumble on full gas would be acceptable. Most importantly it has to be able to cruise at realistic motorway speeds without being intrusive.

Does such an exhaust exist?

Thanks
Old 27 September 2010, 01:38 AM
Billet
Scooby Regular

i think the prodrive backbox would suit your needs. if you changed the downpipe, you would need a remap to make safe so that is out of the equation.(some people don't remap and their cars are fine, others blow up the next day, i suppose it is a matter of luck). so the only aftermarket parts you can fit are a centre section and a backbox, i would get the prodrive backbox and a straight through pipe for the middle section. although you say the exhaust is blowing towards the front of the car so is most probably going to be the downpipe, you may have to buy a subaru catted downpipe.

Tazz

Last edited by Billet; 27 September 2010 at 01:41 AM.
Old 27 September 2010, 06:06 AM
Big 'D'
Scooby Regular

Can recommend the TSL Group N back box, sounds great but very quiet when you want it to be, also it is not as restrictive as the Prodrive backbox.

Cheers Iain
Old 01 October 2010, 09:23 PM
Mr-Confused
Scooby Regular

Had a result with the exhaust. It had split a weld on the back of the 2nd cat as it joins the pipe. One nice new weld all around to put it back together and the car is good again.