Old 25 September 2010, 12:41 AM
SoNiCa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Syvecs and car computing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bot4jGzMHw
More information.
http://artattech.blogspot.com/2010/0...computing.html

Actually my car computer system has been stolen a few months ago but here are some pictures and video left from my project =) Anyway, I have had din-sized Lilliput TC2000 and Lilliput 649 LCD display(keep away from lilliput) and running Windows XP & Centrafuse 2.0 frontend combo. (centrafuse is the best of all frontends)

Since all Syvec units communicate through ethernet ply and canbus, it was a good idea to run them through the car computing system -centrafuse & smonitor softwares were both appropriate to do it. Syvecs calsw was a standard rotary switch so I needed to find a **** that aesthetically looks good and adapt it. After some influencing from Subaru's si-sw and BMW's idrive I decided to use Griffin Powermate USB **** which is actually made for personal PC's volume ****. You can see the how Syvecs calsw fits into Griffin Powermate from here.

After finishing the project the first thing I have done is to connect Syvecs with a remote desktop connection. It was really nice to control the running engine with a wireless connection. I was hoping to try this remote connection with 3G usb modem but that has never happened.

The monitoring software(Smonitor) of the Syvecs was easy to be embedded to Centrafuse. Just only one click, a custom button -Smonitor automatically connects to the ecu and loads the datas you require. Actually it is very possible to communicate through canbus and draw the datas with custom graphics say like Skyline GTR style dashboard. If you have a webcamera(10 usd) connected to your car computer it is also very possible to overlay the datas (say drift angle,rpm,boost,ignition,braking, accelarating etc) to the captured movie. Moreover, if you have GPS sensor(40 usd) connected to your car computer it is also very possible to import car gps coordinates to Syvecs datas like in the Formula 1. Also you may buy input/output control boards like fusion brain just to trigger some devices from Syvecs or just use these control boards for ALS switch or Launch control switch from Centrafuse screen. So if you have some programming skills this is the future. Just imagine. =)
Old 25 September 2010, 12:53 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there availability and price?
Or just where to buy?
Looking amazing piece of kit
Old 25 September 2010, 11:36 PM
SoNiCa
Scooby Regular

It is "do it your self"
Start to buy from Syvecs =)
Old 26 September 2010, 12:12 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Still need a touch screen for mine... even using the Griffin Powermate for input.

dunx
Old 26 September 2010, 12:17 AM
RAPTER59
Scooby Regular

That looks pretty cool
Old 27 September 2010, 12:22 AM
SoNiCa
Scooby Regular

I'm thinking of building one again :/