Notices

Car not starting?!?! Apexi issues?

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2010, 03:18 PM
some cook
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car not starting?!?! Apexi issues?

My car is a 99 uk turbo and today, completely out of the blue, it cut out on me several times and then within a mile from home, it refused to start anymore after cutting out as the lights turned to green

After pushing it out of the way, I assessed what was working and couldnt find anything wrong. No engine management light, the car had power as lights, wipers, radio were all working but the car would not jump into life. I then looked at my apexi monitor, which on start up highlights the Apexi symbol, some other screen and then all the monitoring information. As I attempted to start the car, the monitor was hanging on the Apexi symbol and not progressing to the information screen. After several attempts later the screen finally made it to the information screen and momentarily sparked into life before cutting out again. Could there possibly be a fault with the ecu? Car has been mapped by Andy Forrest and has been driving without fault despite showing 171k miles on the clock so this has come as a bit of a shock! Any ideas lads?
Old 23 September 2010, 03:44 PM
kiranbaloo
Scooby Regular

Location: Reading,in a 516/460 classic 2.0 wagon quite lively!!

If the airflow meter goes down the car will nor run on an apexi as this happened to me a number of times.If you still have your old ecu plug it in and see if it will start as it is more sympathetic than the apexi. Though you will have to swap te cam and crank sensor wires over if your car is a uk.
Old 23 September 2010, 10:41 PM
some cook
Scooby Regular

Ill pinch my mates maf sensor tomorrow and give that a try. Never knew the Apexi would be that sensitive.
Old 28 September 2010, 07:38 PM
some cook
Scooby Regular

Tried replacing my original ecu today and nothing so from my understanding would this be because of the cam and crank wires being swapped for the Apexi ecu? Does anyone know what wires on the loom these are for a UK car and have a diagram (99MY).

The car will start on the Apexi but any touch of the accelerator causes the car to cut out? Really frustrating as the car was running perfectly. Please help
Old 29 September 2010, 06:17 PM
FB Tuning
Former Sponsor

The ecu connector is B136 and the pins that need to be swapped round for a UK car are 5 and 6

Blue ecu connector, red and white wires IIRC - It should be obvious where they've been swapped, if they've been cut and joined
Old 29 September 2010, 09:34 PM
some cook
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your help