Notices

TD04 Hybrid (Andy Forrest, Deadbolt) or TD05-16G Turbo hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2010, 07:36 AM
kriller7000dk
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TD04 Hybrid (Andy Forrest, Deadbolt) or TD05-16G Turbo hybrid?

Hi,

Sorry for confusing wrinting if that happens. I'm from Denmark:-P

I'm wondering a bit about wich TD05-16G turbo is the best (Scoobyclinic SC36, Blouch/XT, Andy, APS SR 30(is this a 16G base)) or to choose a hybrid TD04.

Have read some threads about the hybrid TD04 for Andy Forrest. And people seems to love it a lot. Can't find anything on the Deadbolt hybrid.

My goal from the car is to have fast response on the throttle and minimal lag and see about 300bhp and all the torque possible.

Things fitted to my car now:

HKS Superdrager 2,5" decat exhaust

Performance exhaust manifold

Walbro 255 pump

FRP ready to mount.

Stock TMIC
Old 23 September 2010, 07:45 AM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

the td04 andy forrest will be best mate with the least lag an could possibly even see u getting 310bhp. will be the 1 to go for
Old 23 September 2010, 07:53 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As above , superquick spool up,and able to hold boost better than the STD unit, and not run out of puff at 5500 rpm. A really good option if your goal is 300 bhp Imho
Old 23 September 2010, 11:25 AM
kriller7000dk
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by midnight
As above , superquick spool up,and able to hold boost better than the STD unit, and not run out of puff at 5500 rpm. A really good option if your goal is 300 bhp Imho

What if i upgrade the TMIC to an STi new age or other like Process West?

That will bennefit the the air intake and less "load" on the aged engine.

But is it a must?
Old 23 September 2010, 03:21 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kriller7000dk
What if i upgrade the TMIC to an STi new age or other like Process West?

That will bennefit the the air intake and less "load" on the aged engine.

But is it a must?
What car do you have right now kriller? If you're talking about a very early classic shape car with the slanty intercooler then yes, it's worth upgrading. If you're talking about a bugeye WRX then no, if you're going for 300bhp it's not a "must". Even with a late classic it's not a must, but given that you're going to need a remap for the new turbo, you could fit an STi top mount at the same time and maximise the package.

If you are going to upgrade, the newage STi item is pretty much the default choice, and justifiably so, but again the age of the engine it's being bolted to raises some compatibility issues - it's much easier to fit on the 99/00 type than the earlier ones. It's easier to fit on a left hand drive car too, so if that's what you have, your luck's in.

My goal from the car is to have fast response on the throttle and minimal lag and see about 300bhp and all the torque possible.
As has already been said, Andy's modified TD04 fits that requirement perfectly, no experience of the alternative unit you mention.
Old 24 September 2010, 07:03 AM
kriller7000dk
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Splitpin
What car do you have right now kriller? If you're talking about a very early classic shape car with the slanty intercooler then yes, it's worth upgrading. If you're talking about a bugeye WRX then no, if you're going for 300bhp it's not a "must". Even with a late classic it's not a must, but given that you're going to need a remap for the new turbo, you could fit an STi top mount at the same time and maximise the package.

If you are going to upgrade, the newage STi item is pretty much the default choice, and justifiably so, but again the age of the engine it's being bolted to raises some compatibility issues - it's much easier to fit on the 99/00 type than the earlier ones. It's easier to fit on a left hand drive car too, so if that's what you have, your luck's in.

As has already been said, Andy's modified TD04 fits that requirement perfectly, no experience of the alternative unit you mention.
I own an 98 Impreza GT Turbo with 211bhp. As i know thw TMIC is good enough as it is, but it was just to make it a bit better.
Old 09 January 2011, 04:25 PM
Mrchips
Scooby Regular

I have the TD04 Hybrid. And highly recommend.

My aim was for BHP but after doing some research, and went for spool, etc, to get to where i really wanted it. The car made 300.1BHP with 310 torque, which I am very pleased with it.

I went from 215 to 300, the difference is mental. ENJOY