Gc8 turbo help

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2010, 08:05 PM
rally ben
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gc8 turbo help

Hi

Im new to imprezas so i apolagise for my lack of knowledge, the main problem im having at the minute is what parts from which car fit what others.

I have a 94 wrx import thats just been mapped on simtek. problem i have is it needs sorting before it is finished as i think its not boosting properly, im aware this could be a pipe but also could be the turbo.

Most people seem to go for the vf34 but what turbos will bolt straight on, which will fit with a kit? what wont fit? what cars do these come off? are there any better options?

Im having the same problem with other parts and not knowing what i can swap so on, eg can i just put a type r/ra box on it or do i need to swap prop, diff and shafts aswell. so on and so on..

cheers in advance

ben
Old 23 September 2010, 09:16 AM
rally ben
Scooby Newbie

Anyone
Old 23 September 2010, 10:37 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rally ben
Hi

Im new to imprezas so i apolagise for my lack of knowledge, the main problem im having at the minute is what parts from which car fit what others.

I have a 94 wrx import thats just been mapped on simtek. problem i have is it needs sorting before it is finished as i think its not boosting properly, im aware this could be a pipe but also could be the turbo.

Most people seem to go for the vf34 but what turbos will bolt straight on, which will fit with a kit? what wont fit? what cars do these come off? are there any better options?

Im having the same problem with other parts and not knowing what i can swap so on, eg can i just put a type r/ra box on it or do i need to swap prop, diff and shafts aswell. so on and so on..

cheers in advance

ben
What does your mapper recommend
Old 23 September 2010, 11:49 AM
rally ben
Scooby Newbie

Vf34 with kit but also mentioned a td05. Hence why trying to do abit of research.
Old 23 September 2010, 12:32 PM
Big 'D'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rally ben
Vf34 with kit but also mentioned a td05. Hence why trying to do abit of research.
The difference between your turbo and the VF34 is that the intake duct is different, on your turbo will have a 90deg intake and the VF34 has a straight intake, the straight intake can be fitted with a 90deg silicone or metal elbow.

Cheers Iain
Old 23 September 2010, 04:03 PM
dbay
Scooby Regular

a td05 is a good strong standard turbo that will take a little stick. the vf34 is a similar powerd turbo but ball bearing desigh so is spools a little earlier. as big d says the vf can be modified to suit top entry intakes with a silicone elbow or similar.

personaly i would go for the td over the vf as the td is a third of the price of a vf and for the same power output . you may want to look at some larger injectors to if not done already