Notices

turbo generator valve????

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2010, 05:30 PM
birdy_85
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo generator valve????

Hey can any1 help plzzz?? ive got a 54 plate wrx its only done 14000 miles its stood for 3yrs and its got no boost now ive got it back on the road im having no end of problems. ive just had a new full set of forge pistons and a new cosworth head gasket and still no boost???? ive been told its a tumble generator valve can any1 shed any light and are they exspensive?? thanks

Last edited by birdy_85; 21 September 2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: sorry that should be a tumble generator valve x
Old 20 September 2010, 06:12 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by birdy_85
Hey can any1 help plzzz?? ive got a 54 plate wrx its only done 14000 miles its stood for 3yrs and its got no boost now ive got it back on the road im having no end of problems. ive just had a new full set of forge pistons and a new cosworth head gasket and still no boost???? ive been told its a tumble generator valve can any1 shed any light and are they exspensive?? thanks
you saying you have no boost what so ever?
Old 21 September 2010, 03:52 PM
birdy_85
Scooby Newbie

No boost at all had the turbo and everything tested and im being told its that tumble generator valve.... i havent a clue i feel that becuz im a women the garage are just taking me for a mug??????????? I just need it sorting now x
Old 21 September 2010, 04:21 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by birdy_85
No boost at all had the turbo and everything tested and im being told its that tumble generator valve.... i havent a clue i feel that becuz im a women the garage are just taking me for a mug??????????? I just need it sorting now x
ummm it could well be the t.g.v. if this it at fault you would defo have NO boost also the car would run very lean(even struggle to tick over) and you would have pi55 porr performance also...
obviously there are getting a fault code relating to the t.g.v?. its so hard to say sitting here tryin to give you the answer. but if these are you systems that ive mentioned its does sound like this is your problem.
p.s thanks for the friend invite lol
Old 21 September 2010, 04:58 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Tumble Generator Valves are butterfly valves in the air intake manifold which are virtualy closed when the engine is cold restricting the flow of air, as the engine becomes warm they begin to open causing turbulance in the air flow, when the engine is hot and on boost they are fully open. If the car has been stood a long time it is logical that things may have become gummed up and if they are stuck partly open that would restrict airflow and reduce engine efficency. If your garage have read the cars fault codes then fair enough but otherwise probably best to let a qualified mapper plug in to the cars ecu and have a quick look, that shouldn't cost much.
Trev

Last edited by trevsjwood; 21 September 2010 at 05:00 PM.