Notices

auto to manual------>newbie hi guys

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2010, 01:13 PM
shauny boy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto to manual------>newbie hi guys

hi peeps purchased my first ever subaru wrx auto wagon the other day its a m reg import,and on the way home it started high revving when in drive waiting for the other gear change?i have recently found it it requires a forward clutch to allow it to go into next gear?i have been quoted around £1300 for this doing so just wondered how much it would cost to swap to a manual any help and info well needed or do i just sell as spares or repair to recoup some of my losses cheers shaun

Last edited by shauny boy; 10 September 2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10 September 2010, 02:52 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

and you didnt take this car for a good test drive before you bought it? if this happened on my way home after buying i would be straight back to the seller demanding my money back. did you check the provenance on the car. has it got all the paper work. all the service stamps?
Old 10 September 2010, 03:37 PM
equitrader
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by shauny boy
hi peeps purchased my first ever subaru wrx auto wagon the other day its a m reg import,and on the way home it started high revving when in drive waiting for the other gear change?i have recently found it it requires a forward clutch to allow it to go into next gear?i have been quoted around £1300 for this doing so just wondered how much it would cost to swap to a manual any help and info well needed or do i just sell as spares or repair to recoup some of my losses cheers shaun
There was a guy said it is really easy to convert he was up in lancashire I can find his number but depends where you are he is breaking for parts selling and repairing imprezas
Old 10 September 2010, 06:20 PM
shauny boy
Scooby Newbie

yes had a drive in the car but only does it when transmission oil warms up the seller took me round an estate and it responded like it should then wrote a reciept out sold as seen and i am in west yorkshire that would be good if you could give me a number cheers
Old 10 September 2010, 07:36 PM
equitrader
Scooby Newbie

yes had a drive in the car but only does it when transmission oil warms up the seller took me round an estate and it responded like it should then wrote a reciept out sold as seen and i am in west yorkshire that would be good if you could give me a number cheers
Carz-n-bitz, Higher Clarence st, Darwen, Lancashire 07903 746132. 07951 059640
Old 10 September 2010, 07:54 PM
neil1980
Scooby Regular

Need gear box prod diff to match also peddle box a lad i know did his skyline he said that were oiss easy good luck
Old 10 September 2010, 08:38 PM
shauny boy
Scooby Newbie

thanks guys will deffo look into it and take it from their!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!