going boost mad

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2010, 12:51 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going boost mad

hi people ,
right i changed all the pipe work that comes from my boost solenoid (2port) to the turbo+inlet manifold poped the lil brass pill back in job done. before i changed the pipes i pulled around 12-14psi now i pull 20psi... the new pipe was slightly smaller inside only slightly tho... why is this any1 know????? shorly its not down to having cleaned the b.solenoid.... its on my97 uk
i just read about changing a 2 port too a 3 port b.solenoid would i need my car remapped if i fitted a 3 port and if i did fit 1 am i right in saying i could do away with the brass pill....cheers guys
Old 06 September 2010, 03:44 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Sorted it yet John??
Old 07 September 2010, 06:00 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
Sorted it yet John??
well where to start steve,
ive tryed getting a oe recirc valve, found a bloke who breaks the odd impreza and he wants £55 so that idea, so rang up bailyes motor sport to get all new guts for the d.v and they don't sell any spares but are more than happy to offer there re conditioning service for £36, so ive sent the d.v back to them so they can renew it all and test it etc, so should have it back in a few days then hopefully and state "HOPEFULLY"!!!!!! all will be as it should, but i aint holding my breath... it must be the d.v failing tho as when i was on the motor way the other night i was holding speed (69mph lol) under light throttle and i could hear it very slightly hissing. i stated this to bailyes and they said its more than likely to be the rubber diaphragm inside the d.v and god i hope it is!!!! the joys of owning a subaru hay, its all fun n games.
Old 07 September 2010, 06:35 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboaddict
well where to start steve,
ive tryed getting a oe recirc valve, found a bloke who breaks the odd impreza and he wants £55 so that idea, so rang up bailyes motor sport to get all new guts for the d.v and they don't sell any spares but are more than happy to offer there re conditioning service for £36, so ive sent the d.v back to them so they can renew it all and test it etc, so should have it back in a few days then hopefully and state "HOPEFULLY"!!!!!! all will be as it should, but i aint holding my breath... it must be the d.v failing tho as when i was on the motor way the other night i was holding speed (69mph lol) under light throttle and i could hear it very slightly hissing. i stated this to bailyes and they said its more than likely to be the rubber diaphragm inside the d.v and god i hope it is!!!! the joys of owning a subaru hay, its all fun n games.
£55 seems a little steep for used.
If it's been overfilled with oil at some point the diaphram will of been contaminated and deteriorated. Fingers crossed for the re-fit then Might be worth trying to pick a OE item up just tpo throw in the shed incase the Baileys fluffs up again, or you get bored of the noise.

Let us know the results John.

Steve.