Notices

help pls not running rite ????

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2010, 08:29 PM
kj200sx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help pls not running rite ????

hi all i took of the hks induction kit tonight and fitted a standard box with a k&n filter then done the ecu reset wh the green black connectors etc and came back with a steady flash as if all is ok counted 20-30 flashes i think befor turning the car off and disconecting wires also not sure if it should or has anything to do with the problem when i turned ignition on to start the reset procedure the boost solenoid was ticking and kept doing so no matter how many times i turned of and on just thought i should add that. apart from the car feeling abit slower it still running poorly mainly when i stop it sits ok for a few seconds then the revs drop and idles badly and still sounds like a slight missfire when driving ive changed the plugs wth no joy either. dont get me wrong it is a very slight miss but im sure its there and also back fires quite abit any ideas help would be much appriciated and sorry for the long thread lol
Old 31 August 2010, 09:37 PM
kj200sx
Scooby Regular

any ideas at all people
Old 31 August 2010, 09:58 PM
Scooby715
Scooby Regular

If its only a slight mis i'd run it for a few days, driving normally (fast and slow) and let it settle down and find its own levels.

People say they should do this within a couple of mins or so driving, but my turbo used to do the exact same after a reset (my00 uk turbo) and could be up to a week before it decided it was ok!! ...the temperamental little sod it is!!!
Old 31 August 2010, 10:24 PM
kj200sx
Scooby Regular

sorry if ive confused anyone what i ment is that its running no better with the standard airbox filter than with the induction kit fitted and the slight miss was there befor i done anything was hoping the standard airbox etc would maybe sort the problem out. thats why im asking for any other ideas as not sure where to look next??
Old 31 August 2010, 11:14 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kj200sx
sorry if ive confused anyone what i ment is that its running no better with the standard airbox filter than with the induction kit fitted and the slight miss was there befor i done anything was hoping the standard airbox etc would maybe sort the problem out. thats why im asking for any other ideas as not sure where to look next??
  1. hi kj200sx we have talked about this before as mine has same sort of prob a very slight miss under light throttle or maintaning speed but when i boot it its fine.... firstly the boost solenoid should be cliking away as should the fans be working at the same time when you plug the ecu reset wires together(green n black) so no issue there mate also the engine light should flash steady. dont know if it would be worth you getting the maf signal tested i changed mine but not to any improvement i also cleaned the boost solenoid with break cleaner, changed the plugs n spaced em to 0.7 changed oil n filter n fuel filter all to no improvement but you cant rule these things out without checking or replacing iam going to clean the idle air control valve as so am told this also could sort it but after that fak knows am out of ideas mate

Last edited by turboaddict; 31 August 2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01 September 2010, 12:26 AM
kj200sx
Scooby Regular

will have to start eliminating these then at the weekend as doing my head in now will keep you updated mate thanks again
Old 01 September 2010, 07:11 PM
dbay
Scooby Regular

ideally your plug gaps should be .63mm, check all the tops are screwed on the plugs nice and tight as well, check your coilpacks are ok by pulling the rubbers off the ends, if there is the faintest of cracks new ones are required. also maff sensors can do funny things try cleaning it or trying a mates with the same colour sensor.