Notices

still splutter and jerking any more help please

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2010, 12:11 PM
longy82
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still splutter and jerking any more help please

still doin it on low revs only on low revs put ya foot down and its perfect boosts great a list ov things i have tryed new coil new leads new maf new water temp senser new boost selinoyd new plugs platinum ones nothing has been done to the car its running standerd even tryed putting a few more earths to the engine but i did notice yesterday that my window relay is clicking and it stops my windows working but then it clicks again and they work so i thought i would check it and it was red hot and a few other relays were hot would this be anything to do with the problem??? anymore idears would be great thanks again
Old 15 August 2010, 12:37 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Have you done any electrical work on the car recently? It does sound as though you might have a wiring problem that's draining the power from where it's really needed.

The obvious things to check are that the main battery terminals are bolted on securely, whether any water's got into the ECU, fuse-box, or relay clusters, or any damaged wiring generally. If any of the relays that you say were hot aren't vital to the starting of the engine, try running the car with them completely disconnected and see if it's smoother. Label them up first obviously so you can put them back afterwards.

Last edited by markjmd; 15 August 2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 15 August 2010, 01:09 PM
longy82
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hiya mark i have done a full wiring loom change on it as my car is a m reg but put a p reg engine init but it did this problem in the other car i have check the wiring and everything seem in place battery terminals are sucure no water has got in anwere but will try taking the relays out now see wot happens.will let u no as soon as cheers again