Notices

Bouncing boost - Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2010, 09:07 AM
Markybrisca
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bouncing boost - Help!!!!

As per title, recently removed an aftermarket bleed valve from boost system and put back to stock setup with Subaru pipes,restrictor pill etc. All seemed fine until the first chance i could drive the car holding peak boost. Although i have a totally stock setup with no mods, i decided to keep the aftermarket boost gauge which looks neat in the car. When driving the car with some power the boost gauge shows fluctuation between around 1.2 bar and 0.7 bar, it keeps bouncing between these 2! When accelerating between 2nd,3rd and 4th the boost peaks to 1.2 bar and drops back to 0.7 bar again when going through the gears. Could this mean that the previous owner had mapped the ECU to give more boost in accordance with the aftermarket bleed valve i have removed or could this point to a faulty boost solenoid. (I have cleaned the solenoid as per guide) Any help or comments appreciated as this is driving me up the wall! Thanks in advance Mark. ps the car drives smooth under normal operation and no fault codes are present.