Notices

What's Going On?????

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2010, 10:19 PM
SteveMack89
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's Going On?????

Last week my 2005 wrx turbo seals went completly. (The car is 320bhp with VF34 and supporting mods). So Stripped the car and as i thought the VF34 was black on the inside with oil and had slight play in the shaft, which i presumed was caused by heating.

The car ran like a dream no Error Codes, nothing for as long as i have owned it untill the seals went. (which isnt to major really at 60k)

I purchased a brand new VF34 turbo check everything was identical (which it was) and have fitted it. Turbo was primed and everything was fitted correctly including a change of oil fillter and cfs milers 10w/40.

The fitting was completed last night and on the first run seemed like it wasnt boosting fully and before i could try anything more the ECU light appeared with the error code P0171 ( Bank 1 running lean).

The car was then reset and now is boosting better but triggers the ECU Light with code P0244 ( Turbo Wategate solenoid "A" range/performance).

Before the seals went the boost came in around 2.5-3k and was very progressive, however now after the last run tonight it seems theres nothing and then at 3.2k approx all the boost comes and continues to the red line.

All that has been done is the exact replacment of the turbo it was originally mapped for. Why all the Errors and Why the change in boost?

Please HELP!!!