Notices

Misfire and total lack of power from idle to 2k rpm!

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2010, 10:13 AM
Dayo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Misfire and total lack of power from idle to 2k rpm!

My car is a 95 wrx sti v2 redtop!

Its very hard to explain what it actually does!

Basically if i pull off in first gear it will misfire like mad, and even feel like its missing on all four cylinders, but as soon as you get to just ovet 2k revs the engine all of a sudden is fine!

If you drive it for five mins and stop, the problem wont be there and it will be fine next time i pull off!

I dont know whether its coinsidence or what, but it only has seemed to do this since i changed my oil! I normally use 5w 40, but this time i used 5w 30 as this is what my local subaru garage advised!

Also just as i changed my oil, i filled up at a different station with petrol! I always uses the expensive high octane fuel, so at first i thought it was there petrol! So i waited till i needed some more fuel and i went to my normal place, shell, and it seemed to be ok!

The misfire had gone, but then i had a boost problem! It would boost up, then hold back, then boost up fully and it would be ok then!

Iv changed my plugs to pfr7bs, and before it had the 6s in, and iv put 4 new coil packs on it!

But still no joy

i need your help guys!

Thank you!

(ps there is no codes on the ecu and cel is not on!)
Old 09 June 2010, 10:43 AM
f4la k
Scooby Regular

The oil is not your problem but I would not use a 5/30 oil in your car, its to thin, especially in the warm weather. Did it do it before you changed the plugs, did you gap the new plugs, do a search on here and you will get the proper gap distance.
Old 09 June 2010, 10:48 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5w30 as f4la k has stated is too thin, they dont recommend it at all on classics except in extremely cold conditions and they recommend you dont over rev your car (ie dont rag it).
Your other issue could be many things, what fuel are you running? duff sensor? your best to take her to a speciallist to have her checked out and stick with the 5w40 oil.

Tony
Old 09 June 2010, 11:05 AM
Dayo
Scooby Regular

Yeah it did it before i changed the plugs! I dint gap them as i was told not to by a local mechanic, plus it said not to gap them on the box!

Iv tried new maf sensor and it made no difference
Old 09 June 2010, 12:42 PM
RMCG
Scooby Newbie

mine does this to , pisses me off, its a 96 classic , it has an ra engine , sti ecu, td05 tubby, i kno nothing about boxers, i had a s14a and learned all about the sr20det, it misfires about 2500-3000 revs when its cold, but seems to be better when it warms up, any imfo on this would be great, also has a wine from the engine frome take off, its belt related, is there a commen one to check guys?

thanks roy