Notices

Will a ph1 manifold fit v3 sti heads.

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2010, 08:19 PM
worbs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a ph1 manifold fit v3 sti heads.

Im using a my94 sti cdb for my projects engine build iv got some sti v3 heads, can i use my my94 inlet manifold on the v3 heads?.

Cheers

Ian
Old 01 June 2010, 08:22 PM
Mad Hammer
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by worbs
Im using a my94 sti cdb for my projects engine build iv got some sti v3 heads, can i use my my94 inlet manifold on the v3 heads?.

Cheers

Ian
Yep
Old 01 June 2010, 08:32 PM
worbs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mad Hammer
Yep

Short and sweet lol, cheers fella.

Actually mate can i also ask what turbo you`d recomend for a built 2litre ?
Is there much difference in charactaristics between a twisted set up and an oe fitment.

I would be happy with figures of 450/450 but would like to get as close to 500/500 as i can with the 2l.
Old 01 June 2010, 08:40 PM
Mad Hammer
Scooby Regular

Everybody will give you advise on that fella whether they have driven the set up or not ! You have seen my project thread and I have shared my opinion on the H vs T argument on a 2.0. But there are other options from Scoobyclinic, Enginetuner etc.

500 on a 2.0 will be laggy. A 450 target in my experience is plenty and a very fast car ! Don't go searching for numbers
Old 01 June 2010, 08:47 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Worbs why dont you fit a set of AVCS heads instead, then the lag from a bigger turbo wont be so much of an issue?
Old 01 June 2010, 09:19 PM
worbs
Scooby Regular

I do agree with the not searching for numbers mate, i suppose i just got figures in my head of what i'd like to see when i should be more concerned with how the car feels when finished, i like what iv read on the s206 from alan so will more than likely look more into that option i just wasn't sure on how the two differ with spool, feel, etc i must admit i do like the big punch from a big turbo but then again i dont want massive amounts of lag.

I did think about the avcs heads mate but i got some v3 ones at a decent price, again it's cost that's plays a big factor in my build im saving month by month for bits.
Old 01 June 2010, 09:23 PM
Mad Hammer
Scooby Regular

Plenty of used MD's on the market if your working to a smallish budget.
Old 01 June 2010, 09:23 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RA Dunk

Wouldn't there be a need for the correct loom and ECU that can recognise the AVCS ??

Just curious

Shaun
Old 01 June 2010, 09:24 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

double post
Old 01 June 2010, 10:29 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
RA Dunk

Wouldn't there be a need for the correct loom and ECU that can recognise the AVCS ??

Just curious

Shaun
Yup, along with a few other bits and bobs like an inlet fannymould etc,the existing harness would need two extra adaptors for one for each head, not a mamoth task in itself, but the extra benefit from the AVCS heads would make it worthwhile if wanting to run a big blower.

The Syvecs would be the option to go for as AFAIK the Simtec dosent support it at least not on classics anyway.
Old 01 June 2010, 10:46 PM
worbs
Scooby Regular

I think it's going to be a case of seeing what's available when the time come's clive, im going to build the engine first then give it a couple of month's to put some money away for a turbo, iv been lucky so far as things have come up as iv been saving for them, i no ill never get to your level mate or some of the other guys on here but would be nice to get to an event when the cars all ready and see how i compare, oh and ill get to oggle the likes of yours lol.

Im going to be using a syvecs dunc so it could be option for the future i suppose, or if a set come up nice and cheap before i fit the v3 heads.
Old 01 June 2010, 11:45 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

I think it's going to be a case of seeing what's available when the time come's clive, im going to build the engine first then give it a couple of month's to put some money away for a turbo, iv been lucky so far as things have come up as iv been saving for them, i no ill never get to your level mate or some of the other guys on here but would be nice to get to an event when the cars all ready and see how i compare, oh and ill get to oggle the likes of yours lol.

Im going to be using a syvecs dunc so it could be option for the future i suppose, or if a set come up nice and cheap before i fit the v3 heads.
The AVCS heads go for the same price or just a little more as a standard set of early STi ones, I know somebody whos selling a set of STi heads from a WR1 for 400 quid, was half thinking about it myself, I'm hoping the Simtek comes up with some sort of update to enable me to run AVCS heads at some point though
Old 02 June 2010, 04:58 PM
worbs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
The AVCS heads go for the same price or just a little more as a standard set of early STi ones, I know somebody whos selling a set of STi heads from a WR1 for 400 quid, was half thinking about it myself, I'm hoping the Simtek comes up with some sort of update to enable me to run AVCS heads at some point though
I got my v3 heads for less than half that mate, i just cant afford them with the other bits im saving for and the 5 speed ppg iv bought .

Its not a major hassle to get hold of some and fit in the future, maybe when i crave more power i can go down that route and fit a bigger blower.
Would cam choice affect lag on a bigger turbo, i was going to look at a set of cams for the v3 heads if i can get a real good deal from a mate lol.
Old 02 June 2010, 06:37 PM
Mad Hammer
Scooby Regular

I got my v3 heads for less than half that mate, i just cant afford them with the other bits im saving for and the 5 speed ppg iv bought .

Its not a major hassle to get hold of some and fit in the future, maybe when i crave more power i can go down that route and fit a bigger blower.
Would cam choice affect lag on a bigger turbo, i was going to look at a set of cams for the v3 heads if i can get a real good deal from a mate lol.
Your cams will be fine for your power goals chap. However depends how cheap you can pick a set up, what are they ?
Old 02 June 2010, 07:55 PM
worbs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mad Hammer
Your cams will be fine for your power goals chap. However depends how cheap you can pick a set up, what are they ?
Newman cam's mate, dont no alot about them, to be honest never heard of them before my mate told me he was a dealer for them lol.