Help - Which car do I have???

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2010, 02:10 PM
marky_m
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Which car do I have???

Folks,

I wonder if anyone can help. I have had my 01 Impreza WRX for about 3 months now and it’s great fun. I am considering modifications/upgrades but I am not completely sure which “variant” of vehicle I have. I know it’s a strange position to be in but when you actually look into it there are lots of slightly different models released, especially around the 2001 time. Here is what I definitely know...

Subaru Impreza WRX (Not STi) 2001 51 plate
Purchased Nov 2001
Dark Blue
Gold 18 inch OZ/Prodrive branded wheels
Twin exhaust tailpipe
MOMO/Subaru Steering Wheel
Different front grille (Not but eye lights)

Does anyone know exactly what variant I have? The car had one owner from new and is from a reliable source (friend of a friend – ex company car). I have lots of dealer stuff; all warranty stamps etc. but no actual original 2001 invoice. I do however have a shipping waybill from the freight company who shipped the car into the UK, this seems a bit weird. It could be a direct Jap import but why? It was brought from an approved Subaru Dealer – that I do know.

My question is, although it clearly has a Prodrive Pack, it is a full PPP Prodrive Performance Pack or are all the additions purely cosmetic? I have done some research about the PPP and they usually include performance upgrades such as Re-map Exhaust etc. I cannot tell for sure if my car is just standard with fancy bits on or whether it actually has been adjusted engine wise? Can anyone help me? I kinda need to know where I am now in order to plan performance upgrades. I have had the car up on a ramp just to check the exhaust system (which is fine) but since I have nothing to compare it to – I have no idea if it is standard WRX or not.

Hopefully the photo link works and one of you resident experts can help me find out exactly what the car is.

Opinions welcome – help appreciated.
Marc.

Photos here.

http://cid-d4406b5fd0d4c587.skydrive...baru%20Impreza
Old 28 May 2010, 02:30 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marky_m
Folks,

I wonder if anyone can help. I have had my 01 Impreza WRX for about 3 months now and it’s great fun. I am considering modifications/upgrades but I am not completely sure which “variant” of vehicle I have. I know it’s a strange position to be in but when you actually look into it there are lots of slightly different models released, especially around the 2001 time. Here is what I definitely know...

Subaru Impreza WRX (Not STi) 2001 51 plate
Purchased Nov 2001
Dark Blue
Gold 18 inch OZ/Prodrive branded wheels
Twin exhaust tailpipe
MOMO/Subaru Steering Wheel
Different front grille (Not but eye lights)

Does anyone know exactly what variant I have? The car had one owner from new and is from a reliable source (friend of a friend – ex company car). I have lots of dealer stuff; all warranty stamps etc. but no actual original 2001 invoice. I do however have a shipping waybill from the freight company who shipped the car into the UK, this seems a bit weird. It could be a direct Jap import but why? It was brought from an approved Subaru Dealer – that I do know.

My question is, although it clearly has a Prodrive Pack, it is a full PPP Prodrive Performance Pack or are all the additions purely cosmetic? I have done some research about the PPP and they usually include performance upgrades such as Re-map Exhaust etc. I cannot tell for sure if my car is just standard with fancy bits on or whether it actually has been adjusted engine wise? Can anyone help me? I kinda need to know where I am now in order to plan performance upgrades. I have had the car up on a ramp just to check the exhaust system (which is fine) but since I have nothing to compare it to – I have no idea if it is standard WRX or not.

Hopefully the photo link works and one of you resident experts can help me find out exactly what the car is.

Opinions welcome – help appreciated.
Marc.

Photos here.

http://cid-d4406b5fd0d4c587.skydrive...baru%20Impreza
thats a standard wrx mate to have ppp you should have documentation the exhaust is standard and should be a prodrive one also under the bonnet there should be a blue hose