Notices

Simtek- issues when driving in the recent weather

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2010, 09:06 PM
Grant74
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simtek- issues when driving in the recent weather

I should start by saying that I have issues with the mapping of my car, albeit it does make 'normal' power for the mods of about 315, however, Im not here to winge, so I continue.....

Since the weather has warmed up over the last month or so, the intake temp sensor (welded onto the IC tube just before the TB) seems to build up heatsoak, and then the Simtek starts clipping the engine.

The impact is that the idle is 'clipped' so that the engine is holding back, and in a lot of cases it stalls.

Now I have searched on here, and it used to be common, but I was wondering if anyone else has this at the moment, or if all the recent maps have had the 'fix' on this?

Its also not running closed loop lamda (if thats the right term) on idle - I have no idea why.

Its not as easy as 'just get it mapped again', as thats a 1k exercise with ferries etc, as I live in Jersey. I do have the cable and dongle to program it, but I have only data logged it to check for issues, as im an accountant, not a mapper

So if I do need to come back to the UK, then I will have to, as I only get 20 mins of driving before this happens (or one hill climb run), but interested in peoples views.

Cheers

Grant

PS its a 98 Classic running a VF37 (yes thats the full twin scroll with Spec C manifolds), API injectors, fuel pump, FMIC etc
Old 26 May 2010, 08:20 PM
Grant74
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?