Notices

BOOST PROBLEMS HELP APPRICIATED

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2010, 02:39 PM
turbotog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BOOST PROBLEMS HELP APPRICIATED

hi im wondering if anyone can help my diagnose my vehicle problem..

to start i got the car in dec 2009, std example except for a forge dumpvalve W reg my00 impreza turbo 2000

since then ive done full 2.5" decat system- turbo back, pipercross induction kit, samco hoses, fmic, td05 16g turbo, roger clark headgasket, NEW forge dumpvalve(due to fmic) and i have a turbo timer fitted

my problem has arisen since fitting the larger turbo, my old td04 had a worn bearing and rattly wastegate, so i fitted a BRAND NEW td05 16g, which worked fine for my first drive from garage - to home, and at this time i did rev to 6500, checking 1,2, 3 and 4th gears, all pullinh great with no problems, but nothing too heavy footed, parked car and left to cool down on turbo timer.
but later that day i went to take the car out again and as i pulled up the rd the turbo wound up quite loudly, made a clatter from the wastegate as i changed gear (this was all foot resting on accelerator, i never attempted to bean the car as it was still warming and im not a tit!) and since then will not boost, turbo still sounds like its winding, but its as if my wastegate is stuck open..

there are no ecu lights flashing up or anything so im not sure what it could be, vacuums hoses look fine and being a brand new turbo i dont see how it could have broken?

i did remove the restrictor from the vacuum hose to turbo, would this be a cause for this non-boosting? but car ran fine for 20-30miles before breaking? maybe my maf sensor has packed up?

could it be possibly due to fact it hasnt been remapped

i run the car on 97ron super unleaded.

i have tried resetting ecu by leaving battery unplugged overnight, but still didnt reset..

any ideas or helpwould be brilliant, i have tried to include as much information as i can, but if you would like to know anything else please ask and ill give you as much in depth information as i can??! thankyou
Old 25 May 2010, 02:56 PM
spenosti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have done all this and not had a remap then it will cause problems, cause the standard map will not be suited to your mods. Sounds like your wastegate has stuck open, as this will stop the turbo creating any boost.

Im sure someone else will clarify or give a propper explanaition for this.

I would suggest to get a remap asap. They may be able to diagnose your problem aswell.

Hope this helps.