Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2010, 10:34 PM
BAD_LAD
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hiya people just joined the forum, here is a couple of things iv found

since no one mentioned them, i thought i'd go and find this gem:

Mitsubishi TD04L-13T
(390cfm at 14.7psi, 200-275whp, Bolt-On)
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the USDM Subaru Impreza WRX. It can be found on all the current model years from 2002-2007.

IHI VF10
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the USDM Legacy 4EAT MY91-94. No other information known at this time.

IHI VF11
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the USDM Legacy 5MT MY91-94. No other information known at this time.

IHI VF12
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM Legacy RS MY89-93. No other information known at this time.

IHI VF13
This is the standard equipment primary turbocharger used on the JDM Legacy MY93-95. No other information known at this time.

IHI VF14
This is the standard equipment secondary turbocharger used on the JDM Legacy MY93-95. No other information known at this time.

IHI VF18
This is the standard equipment primary turbocharger used on the JDM Legacy MY96. No other information known at this time.

IHI VF19
This is the standard equipment secondary turbocharger used on the JDM Legacy MY96. No other information known at this time.

IHI VF20
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM Legacy MY97. No other information known at this time.

IHI VF22
(490cfm at 18.0psi, 250-325whp, Bolt-On)
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM V3 Subaru Impreza WRX and optional on the JDM Subaru Impreza WRX STi 22b. Of all the IHI models, the VF22 has the largest potential for peak horsepower, and is capable of supporting the highest boost levels. It is capable of running up to 25 psi. The VF22 is a roller bearing turbo that utilizes the P20 exhaust housing.

IHI VF23
(388cfm at 18psi, 250-325whp, Bolt-On)
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM Subaru Impreza WRX STi 22b. The VF23 is a ball bearing turbocharger that utilizes the P20 exhaust housing like the VF22. This housing is mated with the smaller compressor housing of the VF24 for fast response and excellent low and mid-range performance. It does not have the same top end power of the VF22, but spools up slightly quicker.

IHI VF24
(425cfm at 18psi, 250-325whp, Bolt-On)
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM V4 Subaru Impreza WRX STi. This turbo shares its compressor housing with the VF23, however, this housing is mated with a smaller (P1 exhaust side. The smaller characteristics of this turbo allow it to provide ample bottom end power and quick spool. This turbo is very popular for Imprezas with automatic transmissions and Group-N rally cars.

IHI VF25
This is the standard equipment primary turbocharger used on the JDM Legacy B4. Utilizes a thrust-bearing design and a P12 exhaust housing. No other information known at this time.

IHI VF26
(400cfm at 18psi)
This is the standard equipment primary turbocharger used on the JDM Legacy B4. Utilizes a divided thrust-bearing design and a B14 exhaust housing. No other information known at this time.

IHI VF27
(420cfm at 18psi)
This is the standard equipment secondary turbocharger used on the JDM Legacy. Utilizes a ball-bearing design and a P18 exhaust housing. No other information known at this time.

IHI VF28
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM V5 Subaru Impreza WRX STi.

IHI VF29
This is the standard equipment turbocharger on the JDM V6 Subaru Impreza WRX STi. The VF29 is nearly identical to the VF24, with the same compressor and exhaust housings. However, the compressor wheel in the VF29 has been changed slightly. The changes made to the compressor wheel in this model are generally viewed as improvements, and as such, this unit is typically chosen over the VF24. Has a different location for the pressure hose on the wastegate actuator.

IHI VF30
(460cfm at 18psi, 250-325whp, Bolt-On)
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM V7 Subaru Impreza WRX STi. The VF30 is a thrust-bearing turbo that utilizes the P18 exhaust housing of a VF24 and the compressor housing sized between a VF23 and a VF22.

IHI VF31
Utilizes a P11 exhaust housing. No other information known at this time.

IHI VF32
This is the standard equipment primary turbocharger used on the JDM Legacy. It utilizes a ball-bearing design. No other information known at this time.

IHI VF33
This is the standard equipment primary turbocharger used on the JDM Legacy. It utilizes a P11 exhaust housing and a divided thrust-bearing design. No other information known at this time.

IHI VF34
(460cfm at 18psi, 250-325whp, Bolt-On)
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM V7 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec-C. The VF34 is nearly identical to the VF30 but has improved spool up due to its roller bearing design. It also utilizes a P18 exhaust housing.

IHI VF35
(425cfm, 250-325whp, Bolt-On)
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM Subaru Impreza WRX. The VF35 is similar to the VF34. It utilizes the same compressor housing and the same compressor inducer size. The differences are in the divided thrust-bearing design and the P15 exhaust housing. This allows the VF35 to spool slightly quicker than the VF34 at the cost of less top-end performance.

IHI VF36
(430cfm, 250-325whp, Modification Required)
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM V8-V9 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec-C Type RA. The VF36 is a twin-scroll turbocharger that utilizes a ball bearing design, a P25 exhaust housing, and Titanium (possibly TiAl?) compressor wheel for improved spool. It is essentially a fast spooling VF34.

IHI VF37
(430cfm, 250-325whp, Modification Required)
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM V8-V9 Subaru Impreza WRX STI. The VF37 is a twin-scroll turbocharger that utilizes a thrust bearing design and a P25 exhaust housing. It is essentially a fast spooling VF30.

IHI VF38
The VF38 is a twin-scroll that utilizes a Titanium turbine and shaft. This turbocharger yields tremendous spool-up but offers less top-end than the VF36/VF37. The spool capabilities of this turbo are demonstrated on the JDM Legacy GT, which reaches peak torque at 2400RPM.

IHI VF39
(250-325whp, Bolt-On)
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the USDM Subaru Impreza WRX STI. It can be found on all model years from 2004-2006. The VF39 utilizes a thrust bearing design and the P18 exhaust housing.

IHI VF40
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the USDM Subaru Legacy GT. It can be found on all the current model years from 2005-2006.
Deadbolt Upgrade

IHI VF41
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM Subaru Forester STI. It utilizes a P18 exhaust housing.

IHI VF42
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM Subaru Impreza WRX STi S203 and S204. The VF42 features a twin-scroll design with a slightly larger compressor than the VF36/VF37 turbos and different turbine design (more blades). The VF42 is a roller-bearing turbo and is similar in size to the VF22 turbo, but the twin-scroll exhaust housing yields faster spool-up and a superior top-end.

IHI VF43
(250-325whp, Bolt-On)
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the MY07 USDM Subaru Impreza WRX STI. It can be found on both base STI's and STI Limited's. The VF43 utilizes a thrust bearing design and the P18 exhaust housing. The primary difference between the VF43 and the VF39 used previously on STI's seems to be the stiffness of the wastegate. The VF43 has a stiffer wastegate designed to reduce boost creep issues.
IHI VF46
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the USDM Subaru Legacy GT MY07. The VF46 utilizes a new five-arc scroll design to improve low and midrange performance over the previous VF40.

source:Subaru Turbo List - NASIOC
(slightly edited to suit our forums)
Old 13 May 2010, 10:36 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hiya newbie.

Why you posted this info up

Rob
Old 13 May 2010, 10:41 PM
BAD_LAD
Scooby Newbie

just a bit of info m8, thought sum peeps may find it interesting, ill delete if its a prob?
Old 13 May 2010, 11:03 PM
Cunaide
Scooby Regular

nice little bit of info
Old 14 May 2010, 12:28 AM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BAD_LAD
just a bit of info m8, thought sum peeps may find it interesting, ill delete if its a prob?
It's not a problem, it's just (and no insult intended at all, this is simply how the forum works), a bit pointless.

You're right about this being interesting, but you're completely wrong about "no-one mentioning them". Just because you can't see it on the front page doesn't mean it hasn't all been said before loads of times - the SNet archive has hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of threads in it, and you're only seeing the 30-odd most recent on the front page.

In practice, you've said nothing there that isn't mentioned previously in any number of other threads, not to mention the FAQ forum, and, as you freely acknowledge, in the other kinds of places you copied the info from in the first place.

In practice you're going to find that this thread, just like all the others, will drift off the front page after a couple of days, at most, to be quickly forgotten unless people are searching for some of the terms within it, at which point it'll pop up in a results page alongside the countless other similar ones. I suspect that's why UK300 asked you why you were posting it.

Bottom line is that this forum's geared around people asking live general technical questions and that's how it works in practice. The place for sticky/reference-type threads is the Technical Topics archive. Again, not a problem, just a fact of forum life. Welcome to the place anyway, nothing wrong with enthusiasm.
Old 14 May 2010, 08:57 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Just seems strange as an introduction as a newbie. Its like me jumping onto a Computer forum as a newbie and saying look what I have just found, a list of Dell laptops!

This is very simular in terms of why bother, but as mentioned above nothing wrong with enthusiasm. https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...the-other.html I guess he's just got his first scoob and hes a little miffed to his car spec, or he is looking for a scoob which I would suggest to be a completly new thread saying

"Hi im ABC and im new to SN and I have £123 to spend on a scoob, I want to do xyz with my car, what would you suggest for me to buy? ps im in the somwhereshire county.

Rob
Old 14 May 2010, 11:23 AM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

I agree with UK300 Prodrive but welcome anyway

Trending Topics

Old 14 May 2010, 01:22 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sure the OP is just simply new to how online forums work i.e. the "mechanics" of them (as I was when I first started using them).
Old 14 May 2010, 01:45 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

this is the thread he has started,

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...the-other.html
Old 14 May 2010, 02:12 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968
I'm sure the OP is just simply new to how online forums work i.e. the "mechanics" of them (as I was when I first started using them).
Some might suggest that very little has changed.
Old 14 May 2010, 03:36 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Splitpin
Some might suggest that very little has changed.
Hoot!
Old 14 May 2010, 03:37 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my94wrx
lol that's funny.
Old 14 May 2010, 03:55 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Op have a look at this mate, might help you decide on what car is best for you to buy if you havent already:
Best Forum in the world
Old 14 May 2010, 06:55 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^ top notch pmsl