Notices

3" Inletpipe and Oilpressuresensor

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2010, 09:06 AM
Austrian Impreza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" Inletpipe and Oilpressuresensor

I´m going to change my inletpipe for a selfmade aluminium full 3" one.
To be able to route this big thing below the inletmanifold, I will have to install manifoldspacers as well as remotemount the powersteeringreservoir.
Doing this shows up that I might be able to use the stock oilpressurepickup near the alternator and powersteeringpump to feed the oilpressuresensor from this signal...but I think I will loose the pressureswitch without building an adaptor to allow to retain the switch as well as the pressuresensor in place.
Did someone do this before and how can it be achieved?
I can´t use the oilfilteradaptors place for the sensor, because the oilcooler needs both exits there and near the TMIC on the engineblock I have the oiltemperature attached!
Please let me know, if you have an idea, how to make this work.

Oh and btw I think with the big aluminium inletpipe I will have a different fueldelivery, due to more air coming in, but the MAF is infront of the inletpipe, so would I have to rescale the MAF voltage or not?
Any input is very apprechiated!

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Greets from Austria
Markus
Old 24 April 2010, 08:41 AM
Austrian Impreza
Scooby Regular

anyone?! ;(
Old 24 April 2010, 08:52 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The existing oil pressure sensor port is the normal position to mount a gauge pressure sensor.
The standard pressure sensor switch is set so low that it is only as much as a dead engine light anyway so it can be left off.

However, many aftermarket sensors are so large that they won't physically fit between the engine and alternator, so a remote connection is needed anyway.
LMA do several sizes.

The MAF volts vs air flow will need rescaling due to size change (65mm to 70mm) and the entry and exit shapes either side of the MAF.
Old 24 April 2010, 09:01 AM
Austrian Impreza
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the answers, I think the Apexi Power FC doesn´t even use the pressurewarninglight, isn´t it?
But I will use an adaptor for peace of mind, only need to know what diameter the plug is!

Regarding the 3" inletpipe, I have 90mm MAF housing on my WRX MY00 and the inletpipe was a samcopiece until now and I will use the full 3"inletpipe afterwards.
Is it really necessary to rescale the MAF after the installation?
I do not change anything before the MAF sensor, so it can´t measure more air coming in... I´m a bit confused!