Notices

The Mystery Bearing Combination \ Cocktail For Rebuilding Subaru Engines

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2010, 04:48 AM
Nemesis_911
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Mystery Bearing Combination \ Cocktail For Rebuilding Subaru Engines

I remember I bounced up on this somewhere here already and have tried searching for it again but never came across it.

Is there some sort of special bearing combination used on WRX and STi engines when they are rebuilt? I'm guessing this would be for bearing clearances or something.

Please excuse me because I am a total noob but I know I've heard about this before and read about it here. Some people refer to it as the trick or secret to making Subaru engines last, especially when they are making lots of power.

I'm curious about all this in case I need to rebuild my motor in the future and I am considering it as it 87,000 miles on it already.

Any help or advice or a point in the right direction would be GREATLY appreciated!
Old 31 March 2010, 09:19 AM
masterx81
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always read that a bit more oil pressure and a bit more rod bearings clearance (for allow a bit more flow to cool the rod bearings) will save the engine...
Remember also that is better to sort well oiling and avoid air, with apollo tank, accusump, drysump, etc.
Don't forgot to not hammer the engine with detonation.... no piston/bearing can survive with detonation...