Boost problem

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2010, 11:16 PM
@scoobienewbie@
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost problem

Hi

Im a mechanic whos pretty new to the subaru world!

First the car, Ive got a my96 v3 saloon wrx import with a IHI VF22 turbo. Mods, hks air filter, greedy boost gauge, mongoose backbox and yellow injectors (which ive been told are sti?). Basically, when I put my foot down, it boosts to 1.1bar, but when I boot it again, it only reaches 0.5 / 0.6 max. Been reading the threads and think it may be the fuel cut?
CEL light doesnt come on. Ive connected the black and green plugs under the dash , no codes came up. When I disconnect the battery and reconnect it, to reset the ECU, the boost is back but only the once and then its back to 0.5 again. Ive checked for leaks, cant see any. Ive got a 3 port boost solenoid too. Anyone with any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Old 28 March 2010, 11:40 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Welcome. Sounds like your car's in limp-home mode there. When you say the CEL doesn't come on, do you see it come on when you turn the ignition on, and then go off after startup, or does it not come on at all?

Also, if it's a WRX it shouldn't have a VF22 turbo. Seeing as it does, the run on question is whether the ECU's been mapped properly for it (and the other possible mods). Do you know whether it has been?

Secondly, and in respect of the mapping, there's no such thing as an "MY96 version 3" car, so what is it you have? If it's got a single central coilpack mounted in the centre of the inlet manifold it's a '97 model year car. If it has separate coil on plug packs then it's 96MY - which is significant as far as how it may or may not have been mapped.
Old 29 March 2010, 09:28 AM
type-ellis
Scooby Regular

I have a v3 wrx, thats a 98 but im running a vf22 which i believe is standard, mine is a v-limited.
Old 29 March 2010, 05:36 PM
@scoobienewbie@
Scooby Newbie

yea cel comes on when ignitions on and goes off as soon as it starts not sure if its ever been mapped as for the year int wos registerd 01/02/1996 its a N reg wos told its the facelift model.
yes it has the single coil pack in the middle of the inlet.