Notices

Inside wear on all 4 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2010, 05:03 PM
_KENDO_
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inside wear on all 4 wheels

Alright dudes, I have inside wear on all 4 of my tryes more so on fronts. Im pretty sure its down to the Tein Coilovers i have fitted as the car is sitting rather low so would imagine the theres to much positive camber.

Whats the list of stuff I need to fit to stop this rate of wear on the inside of tyres and straiten the camber of the wheels? Will just a set of these (Clicky!) do the trick? Or will I need adjustable top mounts and other stuff as well?

Chers, Kendo
Old 17 March 2010, 05:39 PM
GBSTI
Scooby Newbie

Hey Kendo!
When you fitted your Tein's did you get the allignment checked?
As lowering the car alot will produce a fair bit of negative camber on all 4 wheels, which results in the tyres wearing on the inside most.
A decent laser allignment will sort this if not adjustible top mounts would allow you to run what ever you want!

Hope this helps

Graeme
Old 17 March 2010, 06:10 PM
_KENDO_
Scooby Regular

Alignment is fine, was checked on Monday there, so only thing i am thinking is its due to the lowness pushing the wheels out. car handles brilliant, but think this kind of wear is tad excessive.

So just adjustable top mounts and thats it, or should I consider looking at camber adjustment bolts and anti lift kit from whiteline?
Old 17 March 2010, 06:47 PM
GBSTI
Scooby Newbie

Ok when you say alignment is fine the laser alignment rigs in tyre places check for tracking ie toe in or out but not camber. I see that you are from Lanarkshire me too!! The boys over on SIDC are going through to Hypertech in Bonnybridge this Thursday if you want to come PM me and i'll drop you some details... anyway Graeme from Whiteline will also be there on Thursday explaining set up which we all will find helpfull!!!
The top mounts will allow precise alignment set up for camber and also caster which is also overlooked by these laser alignment rigs! The ALK is an interesting device as it actually increases static negative camber so would make your problem worse. So in conclusion the top mounts would sort problem but only in cojunction with a proper alignment camber, caster, toe.

Graeme
Old 17 March 2010, 06:59 PM
_KENDO_
Scooby Regular

Yeah mate stay in Motherwell/Wishy bud. If its Thursday i.e. the morra im nightshift so cant make it. If its next week, then id defo come with you guys, basically I am tidying up my classic that I picked up recently (Chaved out its box with stickers, white wheels, etc, etc haha) .

I am sticking new 18's on with new brakes so thought might as well look at sorting out this inner tyre wear issue so it doesn't wreck my new tyres within couple of months!

So what your saying is just adjustable top mounts and i am sorted? as that would suit my pocket. could afford load of adjustable other goodies, but would rather not buy 300-400 bangers worth of adjustable whiteline stuff without really needing it if you know!

Kendo
Old 17 March 2010, 07:30 PM
GBSTI
Scooby Newbie

I'll have a word with Graeme from whiteline regarding your problem and get back to you by the weekend as it is tomorrow we are going thru.
Get your self onto SIDC lot of good guys not the elitist attitude you might think lots of shows and track days if your brave enough!! Not me!!

Graeme