Notices

Slowly, very slowly

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2010, 05:15 PM
Scooby Classic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slowly, very slowly

Hi, long time dreamer, avid forum reader, new scooby owner and in need of some advice.

I have a uk spec turbo 2000 MY00. I want to do some subtle mods before a remap. As the title might suggest I will have to do it slowly due to saving little bits of cash here and there. I know there is a lot of discussion about which exhaust system and I will continue to read. My question is: can I bolt on the bits as i acquire them i.e. back box, mid, sports cat without doing any damage before i have a remap as it will be some considerable time after fitting the last bits before I have the cash for a remap or must I save for the full cat back before fitting?

Thanks in advance

John
Old 08 March 2010, 05:31 PM
STI Mav
Scooby Regular

You'll be fine just changing the back box, no problem there. But a decat will require a remap or you'll end up with engine management lights lighting up your dashboard like a christmas tree.

Honestly - best bet would be save yer cash till you can afford a full decat exhaust if that's the way you want to go and then get the remap done immediatley/same time.
Old 08 March 2010, 05:40 PM
Scooby Classic
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate,
will be doing track days with noise limits so not really after the sound aspect and might leave the backbox alone. The plan was a sports cat downpipe as it needs to be MOT friendly so I guess I have to wait (and hide my cash from the Mrs). In terms of how far to go, i'm only looking for modest gains (panel filter, cat back exhaust) is it worth doing the up pipe as well?