Notices

splutter problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2010, 06:26 PM
jperkie
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default splutter problems!!!

hi all and thanks in advance, i have a uk turbo 2000 on an x reg which i have had for about six months, all work was done before i bought it all usal stuff like full stainless (turbo back) remap (scoobyclinic) and list goes on!! anyway i fitted an apexi induction kit about two months ago and bonnet scoop o/s all seemed fine until first bit of rain and hey presto coughing and spluttering under hard aceleration so paniced and booked the car in at powerstation they said water on maf take the scoop off done that and removed the intake pipe the other side of the maf to find quite a lot of water in the pipe cleaned it all out wiped the maf clean and dry refitted old vent and retried it seemed a lot better but i am still getting the spluttering when driven hard, do you think that bit of water on the maf could have caused it to fail?? if you put your foot down gradually but all the way it do'snt seem to splutter only if say your in second gear about 30ish and put your boot to the floor hard then it will do it but not evey time and when it happens it will do it in every gear! no cel light neither on dash and if you unplug maf car will cut out which is normal so it must be working????? also checked all boost pipes all seems good whilst i was at power station they did a power run which was 276 bhp which i was pleased with, pulls strong and well but i could do with some advice on this spluttering. thanks jamie. p.s sorry its so long but felt if i explained all then somone may be able to help thanks again.
Old 07 March 2010, 06:33 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

water on the mass air flow meter could have done it some harm , get on off somone and try theres if its fine theres your problem,.
Old 07 March 2010, 08:19 PM
jperkie
Scooby Newbie

thanks, but i think i am going to have to buy a new one as i don't know anyone with the same one as mine my mate has one but his is a 96 import sti which is obviously going to be different!! do you wreckin its worth putting old air box back on and try an ecu reset?? as this is how it was when i bought it and it was fine then?
Old 07 March 2010, 08:29 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

why not , you may be lucky, anything which costs nothing to try is worth trying, try the local breakers see if they will let you try one as if they think they are going to get a sale they will be ok with it,.
Old 07 March 2010, 09:25 PM
jperkie
Scooby Newbie

true! worth a shot. thanks jamie.