Good morning snet, advise please

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2010, 09:11 AM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good morning snet, advise please

i have a my96 wrx

since having it it takes a couple of atytempts to start and when does i have to hold revs ' about 1k for a moment or so, then she is fine for the rest of the day,

last thursday my heater matrix went so yesterday if fitted a replacement unit, all was fine, till i came to start it and she spluttered but stalled and will just turn over, i have been told that it could be my idle control valve, so got a replacement but was from a v3 not a v2, anyway i noticed that when i took the plug off the top that the magnet was missing from mine, and it was seized closed,

also i have read that the ecu water temp sensor could be at fault but i have no cel indication and the fans don't run from cold they worked fine before the matrix went,

am i on the right lines saying the iacv is at fault, please help if you can i have a disabled son and we need the car as he has trouble walking.

best wishes and thanks in advance Mark
Old 24 February 2010, 12:19 PM
mje_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi mark, u can adjust the iacv by loosening the 2 screws on the electric connector and turning it clockwise slightly. open the valve more. also u may now have a air lock in ur water system, which are difficult to get out. takes time, run car with water cap off and squeeze rad hoses and wait for air to come out. also have ur heaters on full and hot, helps get water too circulate.