Tricky valuation

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2010, 11:15 AM
wiltshire_boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tricky valuation

Hi all,

I don't post much on here but thought that Scoobnet might be the place for this question.

A friend of a friend has for sale a 99 Wagon (UK i think) with only 3000 miles on the clock. I haven't seen the vehicle yet, trying to go and have a look today, but apparently it's like a brand new car.

What sort of issues is it likely to have bearing in mind it's 11 years old and barely been driven and how do you value it? I'd be looking at it to replace my MY94 wagon as a daily driver but is it going to be worth the hassle?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Roy.
Old 09 February 2010, 11:28 AM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's low just over a mile a day, why are the miles so low?? can there be backed up?? how many owners?? Even though it's 11yrs old if the milage is gen then i dont think it would have seen alot of rain so wear and tear should be at a min. Doing only 3000 miles in that time i would expect it to look and drive brand new.
My mate bought a 10yr old rover off some old dude that had 4k and it still smelt new 1 owner from new, frsh.
Old 09 February 2010, 11:37 AM
wiltshire_boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers for the reply , that's as much as i know about it at the moment but hopefully can get some details later on today. I really wanted to know what sort of money it's worth before I start haggling and if there's likely to be issues from having stood so long. i.e. no oil circulating, perished tyres, knackered battery, rusted brake discs and what sort of "recommisioning" it would need.

I know that a car that does low mileage can be more trouble than a high miler but what about one that's hardly done any?