Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2002, 01:04 AM
badgerbell
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Same old story, Power steering pump/reservoir leaking

Had no look with second hand replacements

Anybody know where to get a new Pump & Reservoir to fit MY95 WRX, and rough prices.

Do I need to source it from Japan, or will a UK replacement fit?

Davy
Old 21 March 2002, 07:56 AM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Angry

Hi there m8. Just had a second hand one fitted last week. Got it from Grade-A-Subaru in derbyshire. Cost me £150 mind you
Had a serious leak, so checked the res and it needed a new o-ring
under the res cradle, but also needed a new ring on the stem from the res itself. Result, or so i thought!! Turned out that there is a wire going into the pump around the area of the pump pulley, this had a major leak, but only on full lock, so i got a second hand pump and now it's fitted, no leaks However, recently visited
a scoob dealership, and asked to see the micro film thingies of the power steering pump, and you can actually buy the wire and gasket for £50 all in, bastid[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] ah well, ya live and learn. Anyway, get the area cleaned off as there is usually loads of crap etc, so ya can see where it's leaking etc.
Drop us a line if ya want and we'll have a chat about it, don't want ya splashing out loads of cash if ya can help it!

CRAFT

Old 21 March 2002, 06:58 PM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Talking

Here's a few piccies of my old pump. They show where the o-ring should be and the wire I've mentioned above, hope this helps

CRAFT
Old 21 March 2002, 11:25 PM
badgerbell
Scooby Regular

CRAFT

Cheers for the reply. I'm fairly sick of this now cos it's so bloody difficult to see exactly where the dam leak is coming from.
My original Was leaking fom the folded/pressed lip halfway down the round reservoir, and i managed to get a second hand one from Incomebusy in Alloa. £75 for the pump and reservoir, but the pump is slightly different, so i just fitted the reservoir.

It's lasted 9 months

I've cleaned it all up and will monitor it, but surely a NEW one would solve it. It's just getting hold of one. I checked on a friends UK scoob today MY97 but it's completely different. If you have access to the micro-fish then maybe you could source the right one. If you could mail me a contact number i'll give you a ring cos you seem to have had the exact same bother.

thanks again

Davy