:( guys please help me !!!

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2010, 09:44 AM
BAD_MAN_121
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :( guys please help me !!!

i have a 1995 wrx import wagon,

i raced a 1.9tdi fr last night and i couldnt have him, iv had subarus before, and i have smoked plenty of cars, fr tdi never stand a chance.

but this subaru just doesnt seem to boost right, its very slugish, and not responsive as subarus are ment to be.

subarus chuk you back in the seat when foot goes down, but this doesnt ,

why could my subaru be so slugish, ino there sumat wrong with it, because at times ,out of the blue, it has a mind of its own and just becomes wild, and i swear to god, its like a bullet when it does, but then dies out again

i have a hks induction kit, and a exhaust system, no decat downpipe, and my 3b ecu is chipped,

also i think 1 of my coil pack is nakered as it sparks on cold strt up,

iv had it fully serviced

guys help me please, i wer so embarased, , he was laffin at me , and i wana get payback
Old 17 January 2010, 10:09 AM
woodyswrx
Scooby Newbie

Hi, firstly i'd try changeing the coil backs because thay do break down. secondly it could be the ecu if it just a plug in and play chip thats probly why its got a mind of its own! Ive got a 95 wrx wagon the td05 turbo version that had a 3becu it was pritty slugish, ive just brough a z4ecu and theres a big diff in power. I would recomend buying one of these ecu's if yours is td05 its a good upgrade!
Old 17 January 2010, 10:55 AM
dabow
Scooby Regular

them tdi cars have alot of bottom end torque, & alot of grunt too
the new ones are 160bhp may be more. a standard classic for bottom end torque is now out of date, for you to get the better all the time. you will need more than an airfilter & a z4. i had close to 300bhp, and just managed to get past an a3 tdi
ok my clutch was naff, and the cars had no grunt on pull off, due to compresion
just put thumbs up with a smile, & put it to exspearence
becouse you'll be spending quite abit to get that bottom end grunt as one of them tdi's
the other way, put a really small turbo in your car, that will increase spool & give you a better pull off. but you will loose all top end, catch 22

but its still there. one thing, after these pd engines tdi cars pull off, they dont keep this. its top end that scoobs will hope past them.

my other car is a golf gt-tdi

Last edited by dabow; 17 January 2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 17 January 2010, 11:17 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

If its been mapped your on to a hiding to nothing in straight line
Old 17 January 2010, 11:30 AM
dabow
Scooby Regular

yep, but to get there in a my95 he'll have to spend the cash.
esl live map or after market ecu, then the map
Old 17 January 2010, 02:51 PM
BAD_MAN_121
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by woodyswrx
Hi, firstly i'd try changeing the coil backs because thay do break down. secondly it could be the ecu if it just a plug in and play chip thats probly why its got a mind of its own! Ive got a 95 wrx wagon the td05 turbo version that had a 3becu it was pritty slugish, ive just brough a z4ecu and theres a big diff in power. I would recomend buying one of these ecu's if yours is td05 its a good upgrade!

i opened all my coil packs, all 4 wer cracked from the rubber and split, could that be my cause, yeh its one of those chips that you solder in and cut a link. my wagon is a td04 turbo, when car wants to it goes like a bullet, extremely fast. could it be my fault for using unleaded to insted of optimax.

could i put a z4 ecu with a td04.

to all you other guys, yup indeed the tdi and fast and pulls strong, as ther only fresh babies, but in my other scoobies, they hve no chance with me, its just this 1 that has embarased me lol , help me out guys coz i want a rematch with him, n kik his butt and show him wat scoobies are about
Old 17 January 2010, 03:34 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You got owned by a diesel???
Old 17 January 2010, 04:39 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

no, the z4 is set for a td05 charger mate.
could be your coils playing up, but would sputter quite a bit due to arking

but, pd engines deisels, are quick & have a lot of torque on bottom end.
more so with the newer ones.
Old 17 January 2010, 04:52 PM
BAD_MAN_121
Scooby Regular

hi guys thort id let uno, changed all 4 coil packs, n WOW made such a massive diference. put in optimax and jeeeeeez its feel like a proper subaru again , the fr daint stand a chnace now, was a big gap , he was only startin 2 catch me wen i stoped at 110, bt by then race over, haha scoobies are not to be messed with, aint no diesel standing a chance.

cheers guys, i reli apriciate the help , thanku .

1 more thing, downpipes on ebay, are they good to buy, as im now looking for a bellmouth downpipe, also will it make a increase of speed on my car.
Old 17 January 2010, 05:33 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Don't buy crap off ebay. Got to a proper company. Have a read on here, and get a quality one...
Old 17 January 2010, 05:58 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

i had a uk turbo 2000 with full decat and piperx air filter,one day i saw a golf diesel tubs in front,he saw me and droped it with a massive puff of sh1ty diesel smoke off he went and **** me it went,he was already 3-4 cars ahead from me when he did this so it took all my power to catch it which i only just did ! anyway i put sti top mount on with a vf 28 sti ball bearing turbo and the ******* power at low revs and pull off was amazing !!!!!! ive now got an 02 sti with 330 bhp and coilovers and other bits but miss that v reg flyer.had boost turned up a bit and man that vf 28 could spool up quick,with a remap it would have been fantastic,them diesels are quick but over at 4000 - 4500 rpm tops.
Old 17 January 2010, 11:55 PM
BAD_MAN_121
Scooby Regular

i own a import, which are much quicker than the uk spec, as they kik in stronger, iv always had imports, i wer thinking of changing my injectors and a turbo, but then would need a remap, and these days i dont think its worth spending that much on a scooby, its best to buy 1 thats done up dont you think, and yeh once a diesel gone its kinda dificult 2 catch it, but a 1 on 1 fair race, haha diesel dnt satnd a chnce wid a scooby
Old 18 January 2010, 12:03 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

you got a boost gauge in there somewhere bad_man? - what's it reading? .... spikey performance like you're describing could be related to boost pressure.
Old 18 January 2010, 11:08 PM
BAD_MAN_121
Scooby Regular

hiya mate, not got a boost gauge yet, geting 1 soon, im hearing afew people sayin that you are able to reset the ecu and get it runing on what mods you have which means beter performance and boost etc, is that true.
Old 19 January 2010, 11:06 PM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

well you can reset the ecu easily enough but I think I'd take what you've been told with a pinch of salt to be honest. I'd expect the ecu to only reset itself to a factory base spec and whilst in theory it may map itself to an extent since it "learns" as it runs, it's only going to be within predefined tolerances set by subaru. Those tolerances will allow for running a different grade fuel for example (95ron instead of 97ron) and may possibly cover to an extent for the decat but it won't be the equivalent of having a proper map done and i'd be seriously surprised if it were able to give you better boost (i'm assuming you mean increased boost). I'm also not sure exactly what effect it would have on yours anyway since you say your ecu is chipped which would imply you already have some kind of modified map in place to increase boost, fueling etc anyway.

That's only what I "think" though, the guys you really want to speak to on here about that kind of thing would be Zen Performance, Jolly Green Monster or dynamix
Old 24 January 2010, 11:42 PM
BAD_MAN_121
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate, i realy apriciate your help, my cars turned wild, i kept up to my mate 330bhp sti, chipped ecu, decat exhaust system, hks induction kit, samco piping , my car has turned wild, plus now running on v -power, n **** its bloody awesome