Notices

idel prob

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2010, 02:49 PM
youngscars
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idel prob

I have got a prob with my 54 plate scoob if i rev it up and let revs die down the goes to stall and on tick over the revs seam low and sometimes like it want to cut out . I had a induction kit / front mount and 2 & half" turbo back strait through sytem on and car ran fine i changed system to a 3" turbo back system with 2 silencers on and a up pipe and that is when the prob started . I have had a look at all the pipe work and cant find ant bad ones so i am really am at a loss HELLP ???
Old 10 January 2010, 07:21 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

it could be that now it is more free flowing and with all the modz that you have done so far the car needs to be remapped to suit the more free flowing exhaust / filter/ inter cooler etc... the new age cars once you start bolting things on need remaps asap to be honest

what air filter you got ?? as if it is oil based k&n type etc.. they can play hell with the maff sensor so maybe worth cleaning the maff and just checking all wires and pipes on engine too

hope this helps

Old 10 January 2010, 08:21 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What Lee said
Old 10 January 2010, 09:17 PM
youngscars
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by catalunya 172
it could be that now it is more free flowing and with all the modz that you have done so far the car needs to be remapped to suit the more free flowing exhaust / filter/ inter cooler etc... the new age cars once you start bolting things on need remaps asap to be honest

what air filter you got ?? as if it is oil based k&n type etc.. they can play hell with the maff sensor so maybe worth cleaning the maff and just checking all wires and pipes on engine too

hope this helps

Thanks m8 i had a look at all the pipe work today and cant find any prob and i have got a cheep k&n filter on car . I done the same mods to my last scoob off the same model and it ran no probs at all . The car runs fine and seams to pick up speed ok it only when i let the revs die down they seam to die to around 3-400 rpm then go back to 5-600rpm and stay ticking over around that but still seams like it want to stall ?? I dont no i really am at a loss now and cant really afford a re-map at the mo as just lost me job as well so not looking good