Location of SPEED SENSOR

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2010, 08:11 PM
danfa
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location of SPEED SENSOR

Hiya fellas,
After my recent problem with code 33 speed sensor 2, I have sourced a second hand speed sensor from a breakers. I finally received it today but I am unsure of whether it is the correct one for my car!!!. Can anyone verify where the sensor fits, I thought it was under the bonnet looking down at the gearbox but looking at that one it has 3 wires coming out of it and the sensor I have received has only got pins for a connector with 2 wires. Im hoping someone is going to say no you idiot the sensor is located somewhere else on the gearbox and save me having to wait a further week to get another!!! lol. thanks guys.
Old 08 January 2010, 09:21 PM
r1c
Scooby Regular

Yeah sounds about right, after replacing my gearbox I broke my speed sensor mine was 3 pin, I ordered one from a breakers, not knowing there are two kinds two and three pin, it's near the front of the box, on the drivers side, good luck hunting out a 3pin I was told there quite hard to come across!!! Watch out for the small drive piece at the bottom of the sensor I lost mine!!! Lol
Old 08 January 2010, 09:34 PM
danfa
Scooby Newbie

so it is the sensor that you can see and get at from under the bonnet? Bloody typical! I will have to give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. Thank you
Old 09 January 2010, 08:28 AM
dannyboygti
Scooby Regular

speed sensor 2 can either be the 1 ur talking about or the speedo dials i had the same fault a few munths back took ages to work it out got told to change the clocks as it was sumthing in there.
changed em and it was fine after that
Old 09 January 2010, 10:19 AM
r1c
Scooby Regular

Apologies mate just read your previous post about cel and speedo, I'd would agree with what some of the others are saying, get it checked out or take it back, the fact the clocks have been out to remove the abs light could of disturbed some thing. I certainly would go back and ask them what's going on!!!
Old 13 January 2010, 06:52 PM
danfa
Scooby Newbie

I bought the car private so I wont get anywhere with that... I have just had speed sensor fitted and that hasnt cured it so looks like its the speedo!! does anyone have one for sale?? Why would this cause cel to come on??