Notices

Identify this pls

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2009, 03:05 PM
drfeelgood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Identify this pls

Please read my thread a couple of rows down to get an idea of the problem i,m having.

Hi , just took it again and tried to boot it but the big kicks not there and just boosts to 0.5 bar , got it back and had a look under bonnet and there a clicking coming from A in the photo , took b plug out and engine stops , plug it back in again and its starts , reved it up and could hear slight clicking come from drivers strut mount where i took the pic , drop the bonnet and car cut out , took it round the block and it kept cutting out on low or no revs , got it back and the idle was at 1000 revs instead of 750 , turned it off and could here this clicking continue for about 2 or 3 secs never done this before , any ideas and come someone identify A , B and C in the photo for me , thanks
Old 23 December 2009, 03:27 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

The cylindrical device "A" is the boost control solenoid. You'd expect to hear it clicking from time to time.

Device B is the manifold absolute and atmospheric pressure sensor.

Device C should be the pressure sources change solenoid, which switches the pressure sensor between measuring manifold absolute and atmospheric pressure.

Is the Check Engine Light on, or has it come on while you've been driving round btw? If so, use the black plugs to read the codes. Has the rev limit dropped as well as the boost pressure, and what type and model year is your car?
Old 23 December 2009, 03:54 PM
drfeelgood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Splitpin
The cylindrical device "A" is the boost control solenoid. You'd expect to hear it clicking from time to time.

Device B is the manifold absolute and atmospheric pressure sensor.

Device C should be the pressure sources change solenoid, which switches the pressure sensor between measuring manifold absolute and atmospheric pressure.

Is the Check Engine Light on, or has it come on while you've been driving round btw? If so, use the black plugs to read the codes. Has the rev limit dropped as well as the boost pressure, and what type and model year is your car?

no check light on and revs are as normal , just been down the road and did,nt put it boost until i neared home than felt the slight drop in boost , just going to clean solenoid up , cheers