Turbo 2000 best cat 4 MOT centre or mid

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2009, 11:40 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Turbo 2000 best cat 4 MOT centre or mid

Hi guys.

My classic needs an MOT and I have a full decat, the usual places I go for mot aren't around now so to save hassle I want to get a cat. Whats the best to get? centre or downpipe? I dnt want to loose too much power but want to be legal. I have heywood & Scott downpipe on at the mo, not sure on the make of the centre.

Happy Christmas and safe driving.
Old 23 December 2009, 11:50 AM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

i think it'd be the downpipe cat on a classic.. get a sports cat and just get it really hot before your turn at the mot station
Old 23 December 2009, 12:05 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definetley the cat downpipe will need to be fitted in order to pass mot and as mentioned above you will need to get it hot as they can still fail with the centre resonator removed.
Where abouts are you based - have a full sti system including both cats and back box you could borrow to get you through, if needed.
Old 23 December 2009, 04:28 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by midnight
Definetley the cat downpipe will need to be fitted in order to pass mot and as mentioned above you will need to get it hot as they can still fail with the centre resonator removed.
Where abouts are you based - have a full sti system including both cats and back box you could borrow to get you through, if needed.
Thanks for the replys guys, and thanks for the offer midnight very kind of you sir. l live in Cambridge so bit far away realy but very much appreciated

Went to my local garage and had a go on their machine to see if it will pass.....it didnt, not by a lot though. Going to order a new downpipe and get it fitted in the new year, just have to drive me girls punto when the tax runs out.....any suggestions on make? or wheres best to order from?