1995 WRX HELP TO MAKE IT HAPPY

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2009, 12:21 PM
ScoobiNoob
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 WRX HELP TO MAKE IT HAPPY

Hi Guys

Im completely new and know very little about engines. I have bought the above and realise that over 100k on this engine is prob time to start rebuild. I have got a good deal on an ok looking car so where do I start? I have £600 to spend now £500 next month and so on. Car runs and drives fine at the mo but want everything done and really have no idea who to trust with the work. I'm in Luton Bedfordshire and really could use some advice from you guys. I have seen a few sites I can start buying conrod, crank, pistons etc seperately. Is it a good way to do things and then pay for the build or better to save and buy built complete??

I really want to create a nice example, nothing over powered but just running perfect so please help folks

JON
Old 19 December 2009, 01:02 PM
mje_wrx
Scooby Regular

if its running fine then why rebuild. just save the money incase something happens, but its work speaking to companies such as zen performance, api, lateral, for advice and costs. maybe go 4 a 2.1 stroker kit now as they are cheaper, do u want to stay standard or forge it. possibly self build?

cdf racing are brillaint on parts, i had mine off chris, he is top man.
Old 19 December 2009, 01:21 PM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

as a above save and do it properly the first time
Old 19 December 2009, 01:38 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobiNoob
Hi Guys

Im completely new and know very little about engines. I have bought the above and realise that over 100k on this engine is prob time to start rebuild. I have got a good deal on an ok looking car so where do I start? I have £600 to spend now £500 next month and so on. Car runs and drives fine at the mo but want everything done and really have no idea who to trust with the work. I'm in Luton Bedfordshire and really could use some advice from you guys. I have seen a few sites I can start buying conrod, crank, pistons etc seperately. Is it a good way to do things and then pay for the build or better to save and buy built complete??

I really want to create a nice example, nothing over powered but just running perfect so please help folks

JON
Hi ScoobNoob,
Chill, my MY93 is just about to turn 100k and she is absolutly fine. It almost certainly is 'not' showing 100k in mile as some of the milage will be in km's Do you have any paperwork with it showing import date and miles/km's?? Mine is all stuck on the drivers 'b' pillar and haave wworked it out to about 74k in miles

Get a full service done on it cam belt and tensioners/filters and fluids. As above if it's fine why rebuild?

Last edited by Glowplug; 19 December 2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 19 December 2009, 04:40 PM
fastmike
Scooby Regular

Make sure who ever changes the engine oil knows about Scooby engines ( and yes thats important)
Old 20 December 2009, 04:10 PM
ScoobiNoob
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for your replies guys.

I get your point about not doing till needed I just want someone who I can 100% trust to check things over and see if there are any issues. Car is pretty highly tuned and boost runs up to near 1 on the gauge, real good thrust, actautor/blow off all really loud and in good time but you know what us 1st time virgins are like..... always worrying.
Old 20 December 2009, 05:51 PM
ScoobiNoob
Scooby Newbie

Just had the 1st reg details sent back

Date of First Registration
I TAKE IT THATS THE DATE IT WAS SHIPPED TO UK IF DVLA HAVE NO PRIOR DETAILS
01 09 2005

So if thats 4 years here thats 40kmiles so that leaves 84k kilo if it was imported in 2005 right? So actual mileage is only 77k overseas and max 40k here so not as bad as i thought as its a late import. Prob is no history for the 1st 10 years of its life obviously.