Notices

Classic Turbo Not Running

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2009, 06:14 PM
spenny1690
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Classic Turbo Not Running

Hi i am a new scooby owner, i have had my scooby 1994 classic wagon import, was running great then one day i was driving along and it just stopped running as if i had turned off the ignition, i have had all electrics checked out, alarm, imob run the diagnostics with no faults and had subaru check out the diagnostics whith no faults returned, the car turns over and has a spark but the injectors are not pulsing the fuel, the petrol pump is ok, the ignition is ok all showing fine but the car just wont start, does not even try, i have also had the timing checked and it is fine also, any help would be very much welcome as i am at a lost end, thanks for any help. Spenny
Old 13 December 2009, 06:30 PM
r1c
Scooby Regular

Crank sensor? It's under the alternator. Try there
Old 13 December 2009, 06:31 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spenny1690
Hi i am a new scooby owner, i have had my scooby 1994 classic wagon import, was running great then one day i was driving along and it just stopped running as if i had turned off the ignition, i have had all electrics checked out, alarm, imob run the diagnostics with no faults and had subaru check out the diagnostics whith no faults returned, the car turns over and has a spark but the injectors are not pulsing the fuel, the petrol pump is ok, the ignition is ok all showing fine but the car just wont start, does not even try, i have also had the timing checked and it is fine also, any help would be very much welcome as i am at a lost end, thanks for any help. Spenny
How have you tested the fuel pump???

I would be looking at, fuel pump and relay, the connectors for the fuel pump are under the rear seat and are a common fault.
Old 13 December 2009, 06:32 PM
thewhitewarrior
Scooby Regular

i had an earth strap off once, that disabled the engine, and im sure it was the injectors too, look at the little earths either side of the end of the front chassie, good luck, hope thats it,
phil.
Old 13 December 2009, 06:44 PM
spenny1690
Scooby Newbie

Thanks B13BAT, i took the fuel line off and turned the engine and the fuel came through, all looks good, i am going to change cranck sensor but would that not show up on the diagnostics, also i will clean all earths tomorrow and report back thanks for all the sugestions keep them coming thanks
Old 13 December 2009, 06:54 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Yeah crank sensor would show on fault codes.

Just because the pump is pumping it could be that it is not flowing enough pressure