Notices

Advice required.

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2009, 02:28 PM
lotusilan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice required.

Sorry if this is in wrong section but only just registered and slowly finding my feet here.

I've just bought a 2003 WRX STi PPP, its had a remap and theres dyno graphs showing 337bhp, the car has full history up to end 0f 2007 when it had done 47k miles, its now just sailed through an MOT and has 53k on her.

Overall she's pretty clean and got her for a bargain price and hopefully she'll be used for fun over the winter.

I in North Cheshire and as this is my first Scooby therefore, I have no idea where the best place near me to have her serviced so thats my first question.

Secondly is there anything I should be looking out for...ie things that may wear, need replacing such as hoses / bushes / belts etc or common problems that can be spotted easily. I'm handy when it comes to sorting stuff out but this marque of car is totally alien to me as I've been Ford through and through until yestreday.

Last but not least the boot seems a little damp, looked where spare is and that seems dry but I noticed lid on IC spray tank was open so this may be the cause but is there possibly another reason or place water could get in?

Cheers

Ilan.
Old 11 December 2009, 02:59 PM
STI Mav
Scooby Regular

That's you Inter Cooler water spray tank in the boot - if the lids been open and the tank was full then it will definatly account for some "wet patches" in the boot.

I'd be tempted to make sure it's full sealed. Let the boot dry and then see if the problem crops up again.
Old 11 December 2009, 03:24 PM
bigh221
Scooby Regular

Hello mate, I had problems with the dampers in the rear shockers on my 03 jdm sti needed replacing, so if you here knocking from the rear end !!! Check out the spoiler on the rear make sure it's fitted properly that may account for water Ingres. Other than that enjoy the car -)

Regards

Neil 06 2.5 WRX PPP