WRX Wagon Handling

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2009, 05:33 AM
peat729
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation WRX Wagon Handling

Hi Peeps

I have a my05 wrx wagon and I am looking to improve the handling, I was wondering if it would be possible to fit STi anti roll bars to a wagon? and if anyone has done so. not looking to stiffen her up completely as it is my daily drive and we are expecting our first child soon so don't want him bounced about.

Cheers
Old 10 December 2009, 10:24 AM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a look at some STi ARB's a friend of mine has got in Scotland. They were really dirt cheap too, almost giving them away. There is however so little difference in terms of stiffness and thickness between the STi and WRX ARB's that i didn't bother in the end.
I don't know if it's a straight swap either. STi ARB's connect to rose jointed drop links at the front, WRX ones are solid rubber.

You can buy thicker/stiffer ARB's specifically for WRX's, i'll go down that route myself. Just change the rear ARB first and the drop links for solid ones. That should help reduce some body roll.

I did front and rear drop links on mine and it helped a lot with reducing squatting on take off and just seemed to improve road holding a bit too plus i still run standard ARB's.

Last edited by scoobiewrx555; 10 December 2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10 December 2009, 05:38 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changing the ARB won't stiffen anything up, just dampen roll down a bit.

The wagon rear ARB is much thinner than the WRX.
The wagon has a narrower track (but same as classic saloons), so fitting the newage STi rear ARB is a little tricky but can be done by using thick wire drop links.
Cost altogether (back in 2003) was £35 for ARB and about £40 for the drop links.
Old 10 December 2009, 05:48 PM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peat729
Hi Peeps

I have a my05 wrx wagon and I am looking to improve the handling, I was wondering if it would be possible to fit STi anti roll bars to a wagon? and if anyone has done so. not looking to stiffen her up completely as it is my daily drive and we are expecting our first child soon so don't want him bounced about.

Cheers
hi m8 the sti front bar wont fit on the wagon.better to uprate to 22mm front bar and 24mm rear with alloy drop links
.this will keep the ride complient but will uprate the roll stiffness giving a better over all feel
geo