Classic center section?

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2009, 05:01 PM
sparks_c/s
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic center section?

Hey guys,
Need to pick someone's brains, I'm after a center section for my classic, I have a scorpion decat n a blitz rear box, a little worrid about how loud is this going to be with a straight threw center section? I do alot of long runs in the car n with just the back box fitted its perfect, If its spoils driving the car I'd be pissed! Is there any chance of getting the new age job with resinator to fit? Ive found a good stainless one for sale, it says "to fit new age 2000 onwards" ws this the 1st new age registeation? Anyone done this mod before?
Thanks kev
Old 28 November 2009, 05:42 PM
scooby72
Scooby Regular

you could always fit a straight pipe and use a silencer bung for long hauls??
Old 28 November 2009, 06:10 PM
danny c
Scooby Regular

or you could just get a centre section with a silencer in for a classic?
i think the newage ones are differant!

Last edited by danny c; 28 November 2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 28 November 2009, 06:14 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

So you have a resonated center pipe on at the mo yes??

Me to. I'm considering getting a straight through center pipe made up, if its too loud in the cabin then i will refit the resonated section. It will not cost to much to have it made and if i don't like the sound then it will soon sell on

Suck it and see, you'll never know otherwise
Old 28 November 2009, 10:08 PM
sparks_c/s
Scooby Regular

yeah, Its a complete standard system with a bitz back box, I think I'll just buy a straight threw and see how it goes, Cheers ladz!
Old 28 November 2009, 10:59 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the full decat already then fitting a straight through mid section wont make a lot of difference in the noise department, it will make the car feel a bit livelier as the exhaust gases will be able to exit even quicker.If your worried about the noise on long runs.buy the removeable bung - with this fitted your system will sound quieter than a prodrive system, and loud when you want it to.
Old 28 November 2009, 11:20 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by midnight
If you have the full decat already then fitting a straight through mid section wont make a lot of difference in the noise department, it will make the car feel a bit livelier as the exhaust gases will be able to exit even quicker.If your worried about the noise on long runs.buy the removeable bung - with this fitted your system will sound quieter than a prodrive system, and loud when you want it to.
The center res makes alot of difference to the sound and the bung will reduce power
Old 29 November 2009, 06:37 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry mate, when I had the de cat done on my 1999 uk turbo, was told that it would make a lot of difference(noisewise) if I had the centre resonator removed,so being that a few of my neighbours are all older than 60 , I decided to leave it on. 2 months later I took the car to mr tyre in Coventry and had jay who works there fit me a straight through section on. Surprisingly the car sounded no louder than before, and if it was then no more than 0.5 db. The guys did a video clip of before and after the centre section was removed , if they still have this I will post it on the site.
Regarding the exhaust bung you are correct it does noticeably reduce the power of the car , as all the gases coming down through the decat, centre section, then into the backbox are forced out through a 1 - 1.5 inch exit pipe.however it does stop the cabin drone and keeps the neighbours from scratching your motor in the middle of the night,because there p*#$ed of at having ther window frames rattled at 5 am every morning. lol

Last edited by midnight; 29 November 2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 29 November 2009, 12:41 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by midnight
Sorry mate, when I had the de cat done on my 1999 uk turbo, was told that it would make a lot of difference(noisewise) if I had the centre resonator removed,so being that a few of my neighbours are all older than 60 , I decided to leave it on. 2 months later I took the car to mr tyre in Coventry and had jay who works there fit me a straight through section on. Surprisingly the car sounded no louder than before, and if it was then no more than 0.5 db. The guys did a video clip of before and after the centre section was removed , if they still have this I will post it on the site.
Regarding the exhaust bung you are correct it does noticeably reduce the power of the car , as all the gases coming down through the decat, centre section, then into the backbox are forced out through a 1 - 1.5 inch exit pipe.however it does stop the cabin drone and keeps the neighbours from scratching your motor in the middle of the night,because there p*#$ed of at having ther window frames rattled at 5 am every morning. lol

Yeah points taken

Was going more on the fact that the OP has Blitz back box (nur spec r) and removing the center res would leave just the back box to silence the whole system that i think is gonna be pretty loud