Notices

complete lack of power - 03 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2009, 04:33 PM
al9955
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default complete lack of power - 03 WRX

'ello everyone!, i have been offered an 03 WRX (w/ prodrive pack) for a very very cheap price, but (isnt there always a but when something is cheap? ) it has a problem of course!

As with all problems on modern cars, the engine management light is on, when you start it from cold its slightly lazy to start but seems to idle without trouble, then it comes to the drive, now driving it along below 3K RPM it seems quite normal, if you put your foot down, expecting a rush of power, you basically get nothing, its incredibly underpowered, drives more like a Justy than an Impreza!! , i was told it could be a coil pack, but i have ruled that out as from experience (with others makes) it judders violently and runs awfully, which it doesnt seem to do

so im after suggestions, i dont want to buy this if its going to just turn into a major headache, i know it might be impossible to actually diagnose the problem without a diagnosic machine, but just wanna here from anyone with the same experience

One last thing, if it makes any difference, it has has a CAI fitted as well as a forge dumb valve (just things i noticed when looking) which i would revert to standard if brought, but wondering if this may have any relation to the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help

al9955
Old 28 November 2009, 05:33 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"KojaK"'s car did this, and it was due to a failing lambda sensor, it is not a cheap part so try and see if a mapper can "disable" that specific fault code..... then it will never show up again.

HTH

dunx