Notices

Hi every1, maybe Clutch help?

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2009, 10:08 AM
Fletch_09
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi every1, maybe Clutch help?

Hello every one sorry to jump straight in with questions before saying heelo.. i have recently brought a 96 wrx, only mods being full decat system and dumpvalve, after buying the car when at home i noticed a quiet rattling/whistling sound when sationary and it got a little louder when driving. when stationary when you put foot on clutch it dissapered foot off clutch back again figured this would be clutch release bearing, had a new clutch fitted last night hoping noise would go but its still there just wondered if anyone no's or experianced this problem before or unless its just me seen as i have come from a new quiet car to an older more powered car.. any help apreciated thank you..
Old 04 November 2009, 01:08 PM
Slystav
Scooby Regular

Not sure if this is it or not but you should be aware that the boxer engines do have a different tone to what you might be used to. That's worth bearing in mind. A good start is a thorough service of everything as well, as I did with mine. All the fluids were on the bottom and the fan belt was disintegrating. A thorough inspection both underneath and under the bonnet is helpful as well and might point you towards anything obvious. Perhaps you can get someone to rev while your head's in the engine bay?

Not sure if this would help but as part of my service I used Redex Injector Cleaner for the first two tanks - this may help to ease up any blockages. To be fair my car was a bit of a wreck when I bought it but I'd follow this service routine for any second hand motor in future.
Old 04 November 2009, 02:15 PM
Fletch_09
Scooby Newbie

thanks for the ideas and help m8 much apreciated, i will have a good look around and underneith later, i forgot to mention if my foots on the clutch when rolling the noise is still there untill i stop thats what threw me off the release bearing idea?