Notices

Smokey P1 :o( Adivce / Guidance please?

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2009, 06:03 PM
-Spooky-
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smokey P1 :o( Adivce / Guidance please?

Having a problem with the P1 which i'm hoping to get some guidance for?

Here are the symptoms...

When I started the car I got a mass of smoke out the exhaust, which was not condensation as it did not evaporate, and it smelt of exhaust fumes. It came out fairly thick for 2-3 seconds then stopped. I took it down the road and when I returned home with the engine warm it was not smoking on tick over at all, but I could get a weenie bit of smoke to come out by revving it. The smoke is white in colour.

I’ve started the car again twice since and I got the same thing.

It’s come on suddenly and only seems to only do it on start-up.

Also, the boosting / spooling aren’t quite right? In 3rd gear was most noticeable, a few times I would change gear under load and instead of hitting full boost very quickly as it does normally, it was shooting up to 0.9-1.0bar very quickly but then the boost would just slowly creep round to 1.4 bar!? You could feel that the power was down in the cab when this happens and you loose all of the kick back in your seat. But other times it didn't and would boost up quick as you like.

Exhaust is defo popping a lot more now.

I've noticed a loud winding which gets higher pitches as I rev the engine. It sounds very bearing orientated from the front of the engine, like from behind the cam casing. As you know I’ve just had my cam belt, tensioner, oil seals and wheels all replaced?

My oil pressure drops about a needle's with in pressure when i touch the throttle?

When I stop the car shortly after driving I am still getting smoke coming from what looks like around and under my turbo. I can see it coming out of my vents. It seems to burn off as one its nice and hot after say 15 – 20 min of driving it stops. My return pipe and oil feed fixing have just been replaced?

I've checked my oil and coolant levels. Oil level was fine; coolant level was about an inch below the brim in the header tank so I’ve topped it up for now. I've checked my FMIC pipework coming off the turbo and there was some oil present, but only small amount which I could wipe away with my finger.

Any ideas!?!