DCCD wiring connections

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2009, 10:30 AM
Imran21
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DCCD wiring connections

Hello everybody,

I know the DCCD has its own control unit/ecu but is this unit integrated with the ECU of the car itself.
I have a spare DCCD box and i also have the control unit and all the relevant matching diffs etc. If i want to put this on a version 3 STI, which is a non DCCD car originally, will it work ok??

Imran
Old 09 October 2009, 02:10 PM
charlesk
Scooby Regular

From what car is the DCCD controller that you have got?
If it is from a classic impreza then yes it will work (or can be made do work with a bit of effort). If it is from a later DCCD-A car then it will be a pain (better going for an aftermaket controller).

The classic controllers do not interact with the ECU, just the dashboard fror illuminating the DCCD dial.

The DCCD-A controllers have an interface with the cars ABS system & ecu.
Old 09 October 2009, 06:55 PM
Imran21
Scooby Regular

Thanks Charles.
The controller is from a classic impreza.
The standard version 3 STI does not have DCCD so it does have the DCCD symbols on the dash. Can it still work without this (by feel i guess??)...

So what exactly do i have to do to get it this set up to work? Just fit the DCCD gearbox with its control unit wired to it and the thumb wheel and it should work??
Old 10 October 2009, 09:17 AM
charlesk
Scooby Regular

You do not need the dash illumination to make the diff work, although it helps knowing what you've got it set as.

There is a connection on the gearbox that needs powering up and the control signal from the controller, and then a few wires to get the controller powered up etc. inc a signal from the handbrake. The stock controller has not got the most straight forward wiring (around 20 wires inc the 6 for the display), not too bad if you’re handy with electrics thought.

What version is the controller that you've got? Might have a wiring diagram for it...
Old 10 October 2009, 09:26 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

buy a dccd pro, its a simple turn switch that connects to the two wires on the diff.
job jobbed as they say and only about £90.
Old 11 October 2009, 09:53 AM
charlesk
Scooby Regular

After market controllers are easier to retrofit ideed (far less wires to mess about with).
On a tight budget the stock controller (esp if you've already got it) is a cheaper solution if you're handy with electrics.
I suppose if you're confident with your electrical skills, don't mind spending a good few hours wiring and don't wan't the features of something like the DCCD pro auto/deluxe/Neetronics then the stock controller is the way.
If you're paying somebody to do it for you, and/or you'de like your controller to be a bit more clever, go aftermarket.
Old 11 October 2009, 10:51 AM
bly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peanuts
buy a dccd pro, its a simple turn switch that connects to the two wires on the diff.
job jobbed as they say and only about £90.
where can you buy dccd pro from and will this work on a 04sti/6speed dccd g/box fitted to a classic
Old 11 October 2009, 01:33 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

It's not that hard to wire the oe by the look's of it. Most of the connections are plugs. I bought the dccd-pro dual mode unit, it can run full auto which is adjustable or it can run in manual. I sold the oe stuff on ebay which paid for half of the dccd-pro unit. As said above you can buy the basic one for little money...if your quick, I think he is stopping selling the manual one.

DCCDPro.com
osCsid=e49b4e1f3d24453f91bbfc4561687cd7

DCCDPro.com

Here are tips on installing Spiider DCCD controller - NASIOC

DCCD Voltages ?? - Type-RA.co.uk - Forum for Subaru Impreza WRX Type RA, WRX STi, Spec-C, S202, Type RA-R
Old 12 October 2009, 02:57 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

of course you could use a rudimentary system like a toggle switch.
Engaged it will be 12v and in the off position 0v, admittedly you would either have open or locked and nothing between but it would get you going.