Notices

Pollen filter, does it need changing?

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2009, 07:10 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pollen filter, does it need changing?

to the best of my knowledge it's never been changed (4 years old now) and i hadn't even given it a thought, but my windscreen has been getting very grimey when i've got the aircon on to clear a damp screen/when it's raining and a mate said it might be the pollen filter is blocked?

does this sound about right and if it is a cure how difficult is it to change? it's behind the glove box apparently?

cheers,
Paul
Old 28 September 2009, 07:42 PM
spec d
Scooby Regular

Changed mine at 2 1/2 years old, it was full of bits of leaves and other crud, easy change and less than £10 from importcarparts
dash used to mist up, will need to see if there is much of a difference when we get some wet weather
Old 28 September 2009, 07:59 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spec d
Changed mine at 2 1/2 years old, it was full of bits of leaves and other crud, easy change and less than £10 from importcarparts
dash used to mist up, will need to see if there is much of a difference when we get some wet weather
cheers for the heads up with the importcarparts filter, big saving over the subaru one!

might aswell change it really, did you have to take the glovebox out or is it a case of getting under the dash?
Old 28 September 2009, 08:10 PM
spec d
Scooby Regular

How To: Change your cabin air filter HOW TO - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums

Used this link, glove box off, filter on my 2.5 hawkeye sti had a bracket fitted in front, but filter is designed to fold and then pop back on 2 sides and can be easily changed, have a look at the new filter before you take the old one out and you will see what I mean
Old 28 September 2009, 08:40 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Used this link, glove box off, filter on my 2.5 hawkeye sti had a bracket fitted in front, but filter is designed to fold and then pop back on 2 sides and can be easily changed, have a look at the new filter before you take the old one out and you will see what I mean
that's brilliant, cheers for your help
Old 28 September 2009, 11:00 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Thanks. I also want to do mine
Old 04 October 2009, 11:55 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

well that was nice and easy i see what you mean about the bracket in the way, good job the filter compresses a lot!!

4 year old filter was a bit grim straight away you notice a stronger airflow, well worth doing and something i'll change on a regular basis now.

only thing i'd add the guide is that we've only got 7 screws in the UK glovebox and the wire for the glovebox light is attached by a little 'bullet' type push clip, worth popping this off for a little bit more slack to move the glovebox out the way other than that, a doddle of a job