Manifolds old and new

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2009, 10:36 AM
Scoobynodd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manifolds old and new

Hi all I'm just curious,

Apart from the different 2 bolt and 3 bolt up-pipe flanges (and i'm not sure where they change either lol), are there any differences between a classic manifolds and newage manifolds? In otherwords, will a classic manifold fit a newage and vice-versa?

Nod.
Old 17 September 2009, 01:01 PM
qq12121212
Scooby Newbie

Default wholesale real cheap sneakers

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG] welcome to our website: www.realcheap-sneakers.com ,We hope become your reliable shoes supplier in China. Authentic Shoes with original box,we insists that " Customer the highest, Quality first ". Our products include Air Jordan series,Mix jordan series, Air max Shoes series, Air force one, Nike shox series shoes, Adidas Shoes, Timberland Shoes, Prada Shoes,Gucci shoes,puma shoes,lv bags, and Bape, Lacoste,Polo T-shirt,Evisu hoody,Evisu coat etc. we are looking forward to building sincere and long-term business relationships with you.
Old 17 September 2009, 01:20 PM
andy306
Scooby Regular

well that was a helpfull reply providing you like shoes lol

i beleive that they are not compatable due to mainly the fact that the newage scoobs are 2.5l and therefore are slightly bigger. i will ask my mate to confirm but i dont think they are. however if you are looking at the 2l engine than i think they are interchangable dont take this as gospel as i havent done this myself.

andy
Old 17 September 2009, 02:39 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobynodd
Hi all I'm just curious,

Apart from the different 2 bolt and 3 bolt up-pipe flanges (and i'm not sure where they change either lol)
The three bolt up-pipe is an aftermarket invention designed to cure leakage. Subaru single scroll systems use the two bolt format.

are there any differences between a classic manifolds and newage manifolds? In otherwords, will a classic manifold fit a newage and vice-versa?
Assuming we're talking about the single scroll setups, the bits are generally interchangeable. There are differences - the catted uppipe on the newage WRX, different lambda/EGT sensor locations, but in general not much has changed as far as the overall design is concerned.
Old 17 September 2009, 02:54 PM
Scoobynodd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by qq12121212
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG] welcome to our website: www.realcheap-sneakers.com ,We hope become your reliable shoes supplier in China. Authentic Shoes with original box,we insists that " Customer the highest, Quality first ". Our products include Air Jordan series,Mix jordan series, Air max Shoes series, Air force one, Nike shox series shoes, Adidas Shoes, Timberland Shoes, Prada Shoes,Gucci shoes,puma shoes,lv bags, and Bape, Lacoste,Polo T-shirt,Evisu hoody,Evisu coat etc. we are looking forward to building sincere and long-term business relationships with you.
Hahaaaaa ...erm ...huh?!
I actually have a better tip than that, well only if your looking plimsole-type efforts and don't live too far middlesbrough, seriously now (lols), a friend of mine happened to pop into the school uniform shop (don't ask! i didn't dare either! lol) near the crown(?) and got himself a plain black and plain white pair for £7 each! I lol'd but they're actually quite smart. But I was crying laughing when he was cursing about the fact that if he was one size smaller (he's only a 7) he could have got 2 pairs for a tenner! heheee

Originally Posted by andy306
well that was a helpfull reply providing you like shoes lol

i beleive that they are not compatable due to mainly the fact that the newage scoobs are 2.5l and therefore are slightly bigger. i will ask my mate to confirm but i dont think they are. however if you are looking at the 2l engine than i think they are interchangable dont take this as gospel as i havent done this myself.

andy
Not that newage sadly buddy - 2004 blobeye newage (sorry I should have said).

Hiya Splitpin,
Ohh cool, ok so generally then - 2 bolt: subaru typical, 3 bolt: certain aftermarket items? And so apart from the up-pipe, the main section of manifold itself is usually typical?

Will some manifolds mean I have to leave off the undertray too? I've not actually stuck my head under there yet, so I don't know if that's even an issue at all lol.