Notices

Clutch release bearing ?

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2009, 10:06 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch release bearing ?

Just been refitting the engine back into a mates Impreza that i've changed the clutch on.

Done this about 5 times so far with no problems until today. The engine went back onto the gearbox nice and easy. When pushing the clutch fork towards the bulkhead the release bearing wouldn't click into place. Tried it for about half hour until finally admitting the engine needed to come back out

When it came to pull the engine away from the 'box it was being held on by the clutch fork. I pushed the engine back onto the 'box again and it now seems that the release bearing is located in the clutch although I never heard a click.

I put everything else back together and the clutch seems to feel ok although I haven't had it running yet as I need to refit the radiator etc in the morning.

I'm just paranoid now that something isn't right with the release bearing. What could have caused it to do this ? If it isn't clicked into place properly can it come back out or would I know that already ?

Just need my mind putting at rest
Old 12 September 2009, 10:15 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 340BHP-WRX
Just been refitting the engine back into a mates Impreza that i've changed the clutch on.

Done this about 5 times so far with no problems until today. The engine went back onto the gearbox nice and easy. When pushing the clutch fork towards the bulkhead the release bearing wouldn't click into place. Tried it for about half hour until finally admitting the engine needed to come back out

When it came to pull the engine away from the 'box it was being held on by the clutch fork. I pushed the engine back onto the 'box again and it now seems that the release bearing is located in the clutch although I never heard a click.

I put everything else back together and the clutch seems to feel ok although I haven't had it running yet as I need to refit the radiator etc in the morning.

I'm just paranoid now that something isn't right with the release bearing. What could have caused it to do this ? If it isn't clicked into place properly can it come back out or would I know that already ?

Just need my mind putting at rest
is it a genuine clutch? normally if they click in the stay in so you should be ok but you wont really know till you fire it up.
Old 12 September 2009, 10:17 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my94wrx
is it a genuine clutch? normally if they click in the stay in so you should be ok but you wont really know till you fire it up.
Yep genuine Exedy full kit