Notices

Stupid jobs you wish youd never started

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2009, 09:16 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid jobs you wish youd never started

This is why cars are a fkn pain compared to bikes...Lack of access..
Changing the o/s/f driving lamp bulb on my Classic 99...one of the three bolts sheared off when removed the lamp..no biggie, (i thought), i'll drill out the bolt.
Cant get the drill bit square because of the valance. Sooo it chews up the end of the bolt.
'Ok, i'll slip the plate off behind the hole in the spoiler that the bolts fasten to and get some mole grips on it'...no dice..
Ok, how do i get this fkn plate off to get at properly ( all because of a fuggin light bulb)??
Im looking at the plate and please dont tell me..Is the only way of withdrawing the plate from the front spoiler by removing the plastic tray underneath, that in turn has to be removed from the engine tray, that in turn has to be removed from the inner wing..? (resulting in more sheared bolts??)
Any advice greatly received..this seems ludicrous...im on the verge of reaching for the araldite and sayin fekk it.
Out of interest, an AA halogen can be thrown the length of my garden onto concrete and still work..
Old 16 August 2009, 09:24 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

pics of what your talking about? i have no idea what a front spoiler is in the engine bay
Old 16 August 2009, 09:37 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

No, im talking about behind the front spoiler. as you face the car from the front and with the left driving lamp removed, there is the hole into which the lamp . Behind this is a plate which the bolts fasten into. its this plate that im trying to get to. The only way (it seems) of removing this from the car and withdrawing out from the rear of the spoiler is by undoing all the plastic covers beneath the car as far as the inner wing! Is this actually the case?? Seems a bit OTT to me.
Old 16 August 2009, 09:50 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I am used to people trying to explain things in their own words. As we all know one sentence can mean one thing to one person and something completely different to another. Post a couple of pic's showing the offending item then we can all talk from the same footing.
Old 16 August 2009, 09:52 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

i will do in the morning when its light..
Old 16 August 2009, 10:03 PM
mike h
Scooby Regular

Front fog light mounting plate. The ones behind the bumper. If you're lucky you can wiggle them out from below once you go the fog light out.
If not then i have visions of you wipping the bumper off.
Old 16 August 2009, 10:22 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

yep..thats what i was trying to do...without success!!! Theres just no space underneath the car though...if its a bumper off job I'll leave it..and go to plan B (Araldite..)