Notices

Tuning an imported WRX

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2009, 08:50 PM
b4nk51e
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning an imported WRX

Hi Folks i'm after some advise if you wouldn't mind please, I have a N reg MY95/MY96 (don't know difference if there is one) imported WRX it had an engine rebuild by API in December 2004 it has a stainless steel exhaust removing the rear cat & has an awful pipercross induction kit on it! (brought it that way) What I would like to know is what is the best way of tuning it? I would like to do it in sections as I don't have the funds to do it in one go. Also can the oe ecu be remapped or does it require an aftermarket ecu?
Thanks in advance
John
Old 11 August 2009, 10:07 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hi John,

I had the same dilemma a while back, and i went down the Simtek ECU Route with AntiLag, Front Mount Intercooler, Bigger injectors, walbro fuel pump, uprated brakes, exedy clutch, induction kit, etc etc.

funnily enough, i found the best increase in performance came out of fitting decent suspension components, good tyres and going on a driver training day.

good luck mate...

or save your money and buy a later STI with 6 speed and all the newage comforts
Old 11 August 2009, 10:15 PM
w13dle
Scooby Regular

hi mate the orginal ecu's arn't mapable but you can have a piggy back chip installed into them allowing them to be remapped, a popular choice is the esl chip, id ditch the pippercross & go back to the standard panel filter or if you want a induction kit go for a apexi power intake, it all depends on how far you want to go with the mods you could go down the front mounted intercooler route with bigger injectors, different map sensor as these turbos are good for 340bhp