Notices

How do i remove side lights on Classic?

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2009, 08:24 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i remove side lights on Classic?

Pathetic bimbo question i know but im a newb,My nearside light is very loose and i cant figure out how it attached. Any advice on how to secure it would be great..oh, and howdo you replace the bulbs i the driving lamps..do i have to prise the lights out of the spoiler? Ducatis are more my thing lol!
Old 07 August 2009, 08:28 PM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

the side lights open bonnet phillips head screw on top links them to main lights then pull it out easy refit properly should cure your loose light
Old 07 August 2009, 08:47 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by funkyrimpler
Pathetic bimbo question i know but im a newb,My nearside light is very loose and i cant figure out how it attached. Any advice on how to secure it would be great..oh, and howdo you replace the bulbs i the driving lamps..do i have to prise the lights out of the spoiler? Ducatis are more my thing lol!
As above has answered your side light query I'll have a bash at your "driving lamps" question. I'm assuming you have a classic Impreza and it's simply 3 bolts (10mm socket I think) around the fog light (driving lamps if you do infact have those) around the lamp unit that you need to undo. It's pretty obvious from then on...and the bulb in the lower fog lights is a H3 55w.
Hope that helps, enjoy your car.
(FYI-If the glass on the front of the lights has lines running top to bottom and has a (sort of)frosted appearance then it is a fog light. Some people call them driving lights when really they are actually fog lights because the glass angles the beam downwards so it will never be a good driving lamp even with upgraded bulbs)
Old 11 August 2009, 03:33 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

Cheers!...ive changed the bulbs in the driving lamps....after a couple of the bolts sheared of course!! Drilled those out and replaced. The side light issue was confusing because id already removed the screw that holds it in place but the light wouldnt withdraw. After a bit of investigation i discovered it hand been glued to the headlight...Anyway, ive sorted this, replaced the wiring connectors and put some double sided adhesive pads to stabilise the light (after drying the condesation out of it first)..Sorry for being a dummy!
Old 11 August 2009, 04:11 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The sidelight is also held in by a little ball & socket plastic thing and can be a bugger to pull it out.

Quite often, you can snap off the retaining arm for the screw (I did ), when trying to force it out.

But glad you sorted it regardless...

Last edited by joz8968; 11 August 2009 at 04:12 PM.