Notices

knock knock who's trying to get out then

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2009, 10:28 PM
shorney
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knock knock who's trying to get out then

right i did a long trip up the motorway on saturday came home and just started her up after 4 days and got a slight knock not loud but it was still there you can only hear it with the bonnet up ( bol246ks ) so i bliped the throttle not hard or anything to see if the knocking was in time and got quicker not a thing.

cheers paul
Old 01 July 2009, 10:45 PM
andyxros
Scooby Regular

so first start up days after a run and you got a slight rattle for a split second???? (hope its not same as me) but same hear after a run but i stupidly had not cheaked oil so cheaked it wen it was cold again and non on dipstick so at first when going up a hill in second gear at 3k revs jus keep the car at same speed and got a very slight rattle only i could hear there engine sounds only you know change,changed oil even put slick 50 in but its got worse after 6 months now its all time and torque is way down now, sounds more to me on mine like a little end as opposed to a big end. just got a replacement engine yesterday to throw in while i do mine up
Old 02 July 2009, 05:55 PM
shorney
Scooby Newbie

i am going to do an oil and filter change the oil was on the L on the dipstick when i checked so i topped it to full and problem solved i hope no oil warning light was on the dash so. the only reason i noticed was because i bought a chrome res cover and had the bonnet open thats how quite it was other wise i wouldnt of noticed it

cheers paul
Old 03 July 2009, 12:18 AM
andyxros
Scooby Regular

well you maybe ok then from that, just keep service up to date etc..p.s i had no warnig light at all with mine but i think with me racing at high revs on low oil thats my problem i just think you have caught it in time unlike me with engine bay in bits as i type this lol